ADVERTISEMENT

Big picture views of this election

Hey, I just posted pretty much the same thing in another thread. The outer edge's of both parties share one...and only...one thing. They are not the least bit happy with the status quo.

Yes, both sides have fringes. I agree. But the Republican party is not all fringe.

Independents will decide this election. We argue here, as WATU has said in the past, for entertainment. But Oklahoma will vote Republican and Washington will vote Democrat unless Bloomberg runs. Most of the Coastal states will go Democrat and most of the "Flyover States" will go Republican and Florida and Ohio and a few other states will decide.

Every now and then I agree with WATU. This is one of those times. Facebook could take a lesson from Inside Tulsa Sports. Catbird and Chris and the other moderators at the time came up with a great idea. Crossfire. The idea wasn't so much to have these arguments as to get them off of the Football and Basketball boards. "Take it Crossfire!"

Facebook should have a crossfire section. You wind up "unfollowing" someone because you get sick of 15 pro-Trump articles a day from cousin Bertha. But if you do that you miss seeing her grandson first tooth or the recipe for squash casserole. Maybe I'll just quit Facebook instead.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and TUMU
There is a difference though.

My liberal friends are convinced that their opinion is fact and is the only way and if you don't agree, you are just stupid, racist, or phobic.

My conservative friends are just astonished that you can't see their view and wonder what's wrong with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Governor Kasich spoke to the same high school and got a standing ovation.

Just because the kids want more choices than Coke and Pepsi, doesnt mean they have their hearts set on Mao Cola or even Dr. Pepper.

Last edited:
There is a difference though.

My liberal friends are convinced that their opinion is fact and is the only way and if you don't agree, you are just stupid, racist, or phobic.

That's a statement to analyze.

Reactions: WATU2
Independents will decide this election.

I'd expand that to moderates on both sides. I think right of center voters could vote against Trump depending on the general election choices and left of center could crossover for someone like Kasich.

As is expected during primary season, the voices against certain candidates within the same side of the spectrum gets awfully loud.

Hillary???
Experience: what specific thing has she done? Either as a senator or madam sec?

Leadership:
If you considering bullying people.

Honesty:
See the fbi. See nsa. See here book. , , ,

WATU has dropped down a. notch from the New York Times.to Buzzfeed. One can witness their high journalistic standards often on Facebook . Answer these 27 questions and we will tell you what kind of a dog you should be .

They've gone from buzzfeed to cartoons. Doesn't the DNC send you anything better than cartoons and junk websites?

Yes, you don't need Goodreads or the book of the month club. WATU regularly gives us our reading assignments. Several times it's whole books.

No sign yet that anyone has ever read one. Most posters here already apparently know everything there is to know.

Book suggestion for WATU. This book is basically liberal but has something to offend almost everyone one. It's a best seller.

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
by Yuval Noah Harari

Among other things the suggestion is that the world would be much better off if we had stayed hunter gatherers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT