ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 drops non conference games.

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Apparently the Big 10 has dropped the Non-Conference games this season for football. I am curious to see what the other conferences are going to do. The talking heads think that the ACC will absorb Notre Dame. Will we even have football this year?

PAC 12 is now on a conference schedule only. Big12 and ACC to announce at the end of this month. SEC to evaluate the situation on Monday. The only Power 5 school we play this year is Okie State.

Are they moving conference games up to September ? Seems silly to think this will be better come November.

Reactions: loca2874
Are they moving conference games up to September ? Seems silly to think this will be better come November.
From what I am hearing they are thinking of moving them up just in case they have to stop because of the virus. Spring football hasn’t been ruled out either

This is a joke, if the entire season cannot be played it will heavily impact the CFP. Some conferences play 8 conference games, some play 9. Independents not named Notre Dame are really impacted. What happens to the cancelled non-conference games, do the schools getting snubbed receive the equalivant of a game buyout? Most of these games are scheduled years in advanced and cannot be rescheduled. I can't imagine "pandemic" is part of the fine print when defaulting on a contract.

TX

This is a joke, if the entire season cannot be played it will heavily impact the CFP. Some conferences play 8 conference games, some play 9. Independents not named Notre Dame are really impacted. What happens to the cancelled non-conference games, do the schools getting snubbed receive the equalivant of a game buyout? Most of these games are scheduled years in advanced and cannot be rescheduled. I can't imagine "pandemic" is part of the fine print when defaulting on a contract.

TX
Sure is. They all have them, especially in the South with non-golden hurricanes. The real trick is figuring out if the CoVid is an act of God or whether it is an act of man accidentally released from a lab. Nobody really knows but somebody has to pay and some judge has to decide. Interesting stuff.

The word over here on the east coast is there is talk about ND being added as a conference game as 6 of the teams they play are from the ACC
Now would be an excellent opportunity to pull Army or BYU into the AAC equation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT