ADVERTISEMENT

Biden sighting

They helped back the attack on 911. They aided the forces we were fighting. I dont understand why we owed them any money

They helped back the attack on 911. They aided the forces we were fighting. I dont understand why we owed them any money
Saudi Arabia literally funded the 9/11 terrorists and we give them billions of dollars in aid.

Saudi Arabia literally funded the 9/11 terrorists and we give them billions of dollars in aid.
Last time I checked, the Saudi’s are paying us billions and billions of dollars for arms and our protection against Iran. No clue where the statement about financial aid comes from.

I doubt you truly know what self-reliance is.
He drives on the roads we paid for, uses the utilities that only exist because a community exists around him, calls the fire department when his house is on fire and the police department when there's a black kid near his lawn. He retires and uses Medicare which negotiates his drug prices for him. He goes for walks in public parks and buys an ice cream cone with money instead of trading his beaver pelts for them like his fore fathers would have. When his bank goes under he doesn't worry because its guaranteed by the government and he invests in a stock market that doesn't get to take advantage of him because we all decided that we would tell stock brokers they would be thrown in jail if they did. He lives on land that was paid for by the federal government and cleared of hostiles for him by its armies. When a war breaks out he doesn't have to go fight in a militia because we pay people to send in his place. When a tornado barrels through his town or a flood engulfs his neighbors we pay for them to rebuild. And I probably pay for his grandkids to go to school even though I have no children of my own.

He is.... MR. SELF RELIANCE.

Last edited:
Shard services paid for with taxes:
Police
Fire
Roads

As opposed to things I buy for myself:
A house
A car
Health insurance
Life ins
Long term care ins
College tuition
Food
vacations
football tickets

Shard services paid for with taxes:
Police
Fire
Roads

As opposed to things I buy for myself:
A house
A car
Health insurance
Life ins
Long term care ins
College tuition
Food
vacations
football tickets

They make people pay for all of those things in China too ya know. I swear, you're not making a very good argument for yourself not being a commie. Do you kiss Papa Stalin's picture every morning when you wake up?

They make people pay for all of those things in China too ya know. I swear, you're not making a very good argument for yourself not being a commie. Do you kiss Papa Stalin's picture every morning when you wake up?
43% of Americans don't pay any income tax, so they don't pay their FAIR share.

43% of Americans don't pay any income tax, so they don't pay their FAIR share.
Except they still pay payroll taxes, state taxes, excise taxes, property taxes, and sales taxes. They also account for so much less wealth than the top 10% that their proportional responsibility is effectively negligible which is why they don't pay federal income tax. Also, a significant portion (about HALF) of that 40% number is retirees who have little in the way of income so they're effectively untaxable for income.

In reality, it's only about 25% of working age people who aren't paying income tax, and we know that on a given year, a significant number of them go unemployed and some do things like be housewives... so the actual number of working age people who pay no federal income tax out of shear poverty an even smaller percentage of the population.

Last edited:
Except they still pay payroll taxes, state taxes, excise taxes, property taxes, and sales taxes. They also account for so much less wealth than the top 10% that their proportional responsibility is effectively negligible which is why they don't pay federal income tax. Also, a significant portion (about HALF) of that 40% number is retirees who have little in the way of income so they're effectively untaxable for income.

In reality, it's only about 25% of working age people who aren't paying income tax, and we know that on a given year, a significant number of them go unemployed and some do things like be housewives... so the actual number of working age people who pay no federal income tax out of shear poverty an even smaller percentage of the population.
You are kind of right. They do pay sales tax.

I think shon and atufan are
Not my words. Our system has been corrupted, by a biased media, and an obcessed democrat party.

And now, President Trump.
You really want a guy in office that won't say he will allow a peaceful transfer of power if he loses?
You and shon must be paid actors.

Reactions: Gold*

You really want a guy in office that won't say he will allow a peaceful transfer of power if he loses?
Keep my name out of your mouth! I have been civil and put up with your :crap: up to this point. The gloves will come off eventually!

For those who are interested here's a fairly detailed article on federal income taxes and the changes over the past 40 years or so

I'm really curious how that's calculated. They say it went as low as 16% in the 60's. Does that mean that only around 16% of people were retired in the 60's and that no poor people were not paying income taxes? Or does it mean that people in the 60's who were taking SS in the 60's tended to stay employed? That seems like a low number. Of course, you're going to see a drastic increase in non-payers as baby boomers retire since they're such a large portion of our population (in comparison to the moving average size of other generations)

OR, does it all mean that people in the 60's weren't paying their taxes and they were getting away with it, by being paid in cash....

The article seems pretty clear in that it's a combination of an aging population and the significant increase in tax credits for low income individuals

Reactions: TU Man
The article seems pretty clear in that it's a combination of an aging population and the significant increase in tax credits for low income individuals
I agree that that's the cause for an increase, but I don't necessarily agree with the historical data accounting for ALL of the Americans who didn't pay federal income taxes. We have nearly 20% who file now, but don't pay payroll taxes according to the data (retirees). I couldn't imagine that there were Americans in the 60's and 80's who were paying income taxes but making poverty level wages, and because 16% overall not paying income taxes in the 60's and 80's would mean that nearly all of those not paying income taxes were retirees and EVERYONE else was... which just seems implausible to me.

I would expect there to be a glitch in the data related to the rise of technology in the 90's which cause the baseline overall number of those not paying to shift as technology was able to capture more who weren't. That's speculation though... and it really doesn't matter that much... the number not paying federal income taxes but still paying payroll taxes (and how much fed income tax they would be able to pay if they had to) is so minuscule compared to the amount that the top percentiles are making that it's laughable.

Last edited:
Back in the 60s if you made more $$ than your standard or itemized deductions you paid federal income tax. That has dramatically changed with the introduction of credits such as the earned income tax credit among others.

Back in the 60s if you made more $$ than your standard or itemized deductions you paid federal income tax. That has dramatically changed with the introduction of credits such as the earned income tax credit among others.
[/QUOTE]
The EITC only qualifies for people with Children, while yes the number of single parents has risen in that time, has it been to the extent that there are so few single-non-parents that they are statistically irrelevant?

I'd also like to point out on a related, but tangential note that: Yes, the highest quintile of earners are paying a greater share of the federal income tax... but it's also partially because they've received a greater portion of the national income over time... increasing from 43.3% in 1970 to ~52% in 2019. All while the middle 3 quintiles (people in the top 20-40%, 40-60%, and 60-80%) have all dropped several percentage points in regards to what their share of the overall pie has been. The bottom quintile dropped 1% from 4% of the pie to 3% of the pie.

Last edited:
I'll also add that the hiquest quintile might be paying a greater share of the taxes today, but they're also receiving a greater share of the income as well.

The EITC only qualifies for people with Children, while yes the number of single parents has risen in that time, has it been to the extent that there are so few single-non-parents that they are statistically irrelevant?

I'd also like to point out on a related, but tangential note that: Yes, the highest quintile of earners are paying a greater share of the federal income tax... but it's also partially because they've received a greater portion of the national income over time... increasing from 43.3% in 1970 to ~52% in 2019. All while the middle 3 quintiles (people in the top 20-40%, 40-60%, and 60-80%) have all dropped several percentage points in regards to what their share of the overall pie has been. The bottom quintile dropped 1% from 4% of the pie to 3% of the pie.

One can qualify for the EITC without having a child.

No, but don't like the democrat agenda and the media bias.

I just want balance.

He types so much better with the gloves off. I'm assuming they are white gloves.
This explains a lot about why he’s unable to form rational thoughts...
104564057-businessman-in-boxing-gloves-and-helmet-typing-on-laptop-at-workplace-in-office.jpg

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Thank you my friends for that awesome feedback. “The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.”

Biden, "We can do this, we will tax the rich"

Hey, Joe, the rich don't pay taxes. You should know this, after all you spent 43 years in congress helping to create our tax code full of exemptions and deductions. Now you want to take it back.

How about we quit blaming the rich and address the real issue why are there people who arent? We've had the war on poverty for 60 years. We have more poor now. Whats the definition of insanity? Maybe we need a different approach.

Biden, "We can do this, we will tax the rich"

Hey, Joe, the rich don't pay taxes. You should know this, after all you spent 43 years in congress helping to create our tax code full of exemptions and deductions. Now you want to take it back.

How about we quit blaming the rich and address the real issue why are there people who arent? We've had the war on poverty for 60 years. We have more poor now. Whats the definition of insanity? Maybe we need a different approach.
How many tax cuts have Democratic Congresses passed in the last 40 years? Now, compare that to Republican ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT