ADVERTISEMENT

Biden makes nice with Iran.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Biden wants Iranian oil, I will come back to that. But Iran wants their Iranian Guard to be delisted as a terrorist group.

Let's talk about oil. For decades our federal government has made restrictions on the contents of our oil. While sulfur is by no means the only pollutant regulated, it has driven strict limits on oil. US companies have by steps lowered the contents of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other substances.

So if we buy Iranian oil (or Russian oi) will it be subject to the same standard as our products have been? Of course Biden doesn't care, he wants to do away with fossil fuel and replace them with? Who wants to go inspect the Iranian Guard?

Biden wants Iranian oil, I will come back to that. But Iran wants their Iranian Guard to be delisted as a terrorist group.

Let's talk about oil. For decades our federal government has made restrictions on the contents of our oil. While sulfur is by no means the only pollutant regulated, it has driven strict limits on oil. US companies have by steps lowered the contents of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other substances.

So if we buy Iranian oil (or Russian oi) will it be subject to the same standard as our products have been? Of course Biden doesn't care, he wants to do away with fossil fuel and replace them with? Who wants to go inspect the Iranian Guard?
Mmmm mmm mmmm ice cream mmm mmmm...

in 2018 we were producing enough oil that we could export the excess. continuing into 2019, and 2020 with covid. then Jan 21, 2021 happened.

in 2018 we were producing enough oil that we could export the excess. continuing into 2019, and 2020 with covid. then Jan 21, 2021 happened.
That’s not how oil supply works. The president doesn’t just take office and oil stops being produced. Oil production rates had been dwindling since covid started in 2020 when the companies laid off 50% of their employees and slashed their exploration budgets.

The change from being a net exporter was related to Covid, not the federal government.

I personally would like somewhat normalized relations with Iran. I don’t think that prolonged adversarial nature will do anything except push them farther away, and we could use more partners in the Eastern hemisphere with India and China both drifting closer to authoritarianism.

For literally centuries Iran was friendly with America going back to when they were known as Persia. If we can work with them to lessen the influence of their theocracy and encourage a more Democratic and understanding society, we should make efforts to do so. We haven’t had a problem doing the same with Saudi despite their funding of terrorism (including terrorists that caused 9/11) and having a governmental, religious, and societal structure antithetical to ours. If we can make our shared interest stronger than our confrontations then they could be a valuable and strategically placed partner.

Reactions: watu05
I personally would like somewhat normalized relations with Iran. I don’t think that prolonged adversarial nature will do anything except push them farther away, and we could use more partners in the Eastern hemisphere with India and China both drifting closer to authoritarianism.

For literally centuries Iran was friendly with America going back to when they were known as Persia. If we can work with them to lessen the influence of their theocracy and encourage a more Democratic and understanding society, we should make efforts to do so. We haven’t had a problem doing the same with Saudi despite their funding of terrorism (including terrorists that caused 9/11) and having a governmental, religious, and societal structure antithetical to ours. If we can make our shared interest stronger than our confrontations then they could be a valuable and strategically placed partner.
Agreed, but once again our history of interfering in another country's domestic politics undermines trust. The US engineered coup that installed the Shah's regime is still in living memory and fueled the Shah's 1970's ouster and the attack on our embassy. That doesn't make Iran right, but understanding where each other stands is needed to work out a resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
That’s not how oil supply works. The president doesn’t just take office and oil stops being produced. Oil production rates had been dwindling since covid started in 2020 when the companies laid off 50% of their employees and slashed their exploration budgets.

The change from being a net exporter was related to Covid, not the federal government.
government interference. government regulations, a policy of the new green deal, an energy sec that wants oil companies to go broke, an anti fosal fuel agenda,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT