ADVERTISEMENT

Best team won

drboobay

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
No doubt. We looked better start to finish. Optimistic about the next 2 games.

I thought this was the slowest UH team I've seen in the last 5 years. No speed at QB, RB or WR.

Reactions: drboobay
I thought this was the slowest UH team I've seen in the last 5 years. No speed at QB, RB or WR.
Actually I thought the Coogs coaching was worse, far worse. UH has some talent, it just wasn't used effectively against Tulsa in their game. UH QB has less talent than Tulsa has seen in a while too.

Actually I thought the Coogs coaching was worse, far worse. UH has some talent, it just wasn't used effectively against Tulsa in their game. UH QB has less talent than Tulsa has seen in a while too.
Our coaches did a good job of taking away what they wanted to do which was to get Postma into space. We kept him contained for the most part, kept Catalon between the tackles and our DBs did a get job of keeping their WRs in front of them. Give our coaches some credit for having a great game plan.

Reactions: drboobay
Tulsa getting that win feels like an unexpected birthday present or Christmas gift. I've watched it twice on youtube from start to finish. This feels euphoric after the previous 4 weeks bouncing our thoughts off each other about what needs fixing. Please God let it continue next week. Confidence could go a long way with this team if it means they can beat Houston when they're riding a wave of it.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Tulsa getting that win feels like an unexpected birthday present or Christmas gift. I've watched it twice on youtube from start to finish. This feels euphoric after the previous 4 weeks bouncing our thoughts off each other about what needs fixing. Please God let it continue next week. Confidence could go a long way with this team if it means they can beat Houston when they're riding a wave of it.
I feel we can beat Smu , temple, and UCONN, thing is can we pull off one more miracle against Memphis or USF

It's hard to manage what my expectations for the rest of the season should be with this team. They could very well win 4 or their last 5 or lose 4 of their last 5.

I feel we can beat Smu , temple, and UCONN, thing is can we pull off one more miracle against Memphis or USF

If anyone is going to the SMU game, lemme know so I can get tix in the same section. I'm tired of sitting near SMU fans when Tulsa comes to Dallas.

It's hard to manage what my expectations for the rest of the season should be with this team. They could very well win 4 or their last 5 or lose 4 of their last 5.
After losing to Tulane by 5 TDs, i pretty much assumed we were looking at a 1 win season, so we're playing with house money now!

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
After losing to Tulane by 5 TDs, i pretty much assumed we were looking at a 1 win season, so we're playing with house money now!
Mostly the players were just needing one game with good things happening to get some badly needed confidence. It was also past time the coaches were figuring out what to do with the QB's as happened in the second half. Was night and day from first half to second half. Really don't understand why it took the coaches so long into the season to figure that out.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07

What was amazing to me after I saw the game again is that we were behind 10-0 early on. That means we then outscored them 45 to 7 in the final 3 quarters. Unbelievable! :D

If anyone is going to the SMU game, lemme know so I can get tix in the same section. I'm tired of sitting near SMU fans when Tulsa comes to Dallas.
The Alumni Association always has a tent with free beer and light snacks at SMU. Email them to get the location, then show up. If you don’t see old friends, you’ll make new ones soon enough ...

What was amazing to me after I saw the game again is that we were behind 10-0 early on. That means we then outscored them 45 to 7 in the final 3 quarters. Unbelievable! :D
And 14-0 in the last :35

Im watching a replay of the game now, it was 10-7 Houston, with less than 4 minutes left in the 3rd! It didnt really dawn on me how late into the game it was when we broke away.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Im watching a replay of the game now, it was 10-7 Houston, with less than 4 minutes left in the 3rd! It didnt really dawn on me how late into the game it was when we broke away.
But we had the ball for 6+ minutes and rant he clock from 10 minutes to 4 minutes in the 3rd with that monster drive. We literally beat the hell out of their front 4 for 6 minutes.

But we had the ball for 6+ minutes and rant he clock from 10 minutes to 4 minutes in the 3rd with that monster drive. We literally beat the hell out of their front 4 for 6 minutes.

A physical, pounding, grinding running game can make up for a lot of defensive inadequacies.

A physical, pounding, grinding running game can make up for a lot of defensive inadequacies.
A drive like that can energize the entire team. I think it will sort of flip our season some. A lot of players played on the defensive side of the ball and all of a sudden the defensive coaches see that we have players in a lot of positions who can make plays, not just the 11 they banked on as starters. I'm still a little peeved that our defense was completely lost against Toledo and Tulane, and the switch at QB was not made at some point in the UNM game, otherwise I think we're sitting at 4-3 versus 2-5.

From here on out, I look for Skipper to continue to improve and the defense, especially the young guys, to continue to improve and develop.

Beating a 4-1 team with a sound defensive effort and the offense finally getting into a groove in the second half is certainly an optimistic sign. That is not fluke material.

We just need to get the passing game clicking too. Seems UConn is a good draw to that end. We will see.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Mostly the players were just needing one game with good things happening to get some badly needed confidence. It was also past time the coaches were figuring out what to do with the QB's as happened in the second half. Was night and day from first half to second half. Really don't understand why it took the coaches so long into the season to figure that out.
I like that you say they figured it out. What made the second half so great was that we ran the ball effectively. That's really it. We only threw maybe 5 passes the entire second half.

If Houston wins tonight it puts us squarely in the race for the division crown - amazingly enough. At least until Saturday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT