ADVERTISEMENT

Best burger in Tulsa?

Dang, big loss both for classic Tulsa Burger's and loss of a Tulsa fan.

Remaining classic Tulsa burger places:
Bill's
Hank's
Weber's

What else?
Freedie's, on 11th Street. Seems different these days after Peoria Street location closed. Still pretty good.
Goldies, seems to have dropped out of contention?

I don't think of Ron's as Classic, but they have been around many years.

Last edited:
Dang, big loss both for classic Tulsa Burger's and loss of a Tulsa fan.

Remaining classic Tulsa burger places:
Bill's
Hank's
Weber's

What else?
Freedie's, on 11th Street. Seems different these days after Peoria Street location closed. Still pretty good.
Goldies, seems to have dropped out of contention?

I don't think of Ron's as Classic, but they have been around many years.
That was the one place I had never been to. Got there the last week of September, just in time.

Bill's and Weber's are my fav's.

Reactions: TUMU
Now JJ’s is closed. Bad month for burgers around here. JJ’s was not a great burger, but it was a fun experience. It was just so dang weird and most people had no interest in going on that ride. It was a living, breathing Lou Reed song. He was cranky and so on, but ince he figured out you weren’t a square, he was fun. In small doses a couple of times a year.

Now JJ’s is closed. Bad month for burgers around here. JJ’s was not a great burger, but it was a fun experience. It was just so dang weird and most people had no interest in going on that ride. It was a living, breathing Lou Reed song. He was cranky and so on, but ince he figured out you weren’t a square, he was fun. In small doses a couple of times a year.
He threatened to close before, but didn't if I recall correctly. So maybe that won't be a permanent shut down. It's only permanent when the 'colored girls don't sing'?

Arnold’s is now our go-to burger joint. You have to request fried onions, which is their game changer.

Mark from the old Mark and Tammie’s location on Lewis is also a regular customer. I see him in there so often I wonder if he eats anywhere else.

Is that the one up north by Central? I work with one of the relatives. What a sad story. I love that family.

We should do some board lunches at these places. We haven’t done anything like that in years. Then again I’d have to assume a couple of posters won’t shank me.

Reactions: TUMU and TU_BLA
I went to Fat Guys for lunch a couple weeks back. Had the "spicy fried pickle burger". Dear God that thing was delicious.

I went to Fat Guys for lunch a couple weeks back. Had the "spicy fried pickle burger". Dear God that thing was delicious.
Was it covered in fried pickles or was it more subtle? And which location did you go to? I always got the Sweet Caroline and it was pretty damn good. I’ve only been to the one downtown but haven’t been in quite a while.

Was it covered in fried pickles or was it more subtle? And which location did you go to? I always got the Sweet Caroline and it was pretty damn good. I’ve only been to the one downtown but haven’t been in quite a while.
I went to the one downtown. It's not slathered in fried pickles but there are enough on it to make it come through. And the sauce on it was crazy good, almost like a spicy dill. And with any burger, it was cooked perfectly, touch of pink in the center. Nothing worse than paying $10 for a thicker style burger for it to come out gray in the middle (meaning it's desert dry).

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Has anyone tried the Vera Jailhouse diner in Vera, OK just north of Collinsville? It gets rave reviews as one of the best burger places in the state. We tried to go on Saturday but the line was out the door. We just decided to go to Murphy’s for a chicken fried steak instead.

We did get to visit the old jailhouse behind the diner. That was like going back in time.

Has anyone tried the Vera Jailhouse diner in Vera, OK just north of Collinsville? It gets rave reviews as one of the best burger places in the state. We tried to go on Saturday but the line was out the door. We just decided to go to Murphy’s for a chicken fried steak instead.

We did get to visit the old jailhouse behind the diner. That was like going back in time.
I haven't heard of it. I'll put in on my list.

At the risk of catching hell, my current fav is a chain......Smitty's Garage. A large, loaded cheeseburger for $7.00, a mile & a half from my back door, is just too good to pass up.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT