ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Recruiting Expose

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Saw this article on basketball recruiting.... some signs point to the fact that this could be Haith...

They talk about an former player of his that's now an assistant tin the SEC (English is now at Tennessee), and they also talk about the coach recruiting a local talent that blew up and is now getting attention from Roy Williams and Bill Self.

IMHO this wouldn't be who I wanted recruiting at my school. Lots of work ethic with but no confidence that he can convince an upper level player to come here.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...at-the-peach-jam-alongside-a-mid-major-coach/

(To be fair, not everything here seems to match with Haith though, I just thought this is an interesting piece relating to our current troubles)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsa_
It’s not Haith, but whoever that is sounds like he doesn’t like his job and should find a new career. I feel for anybody that’s in a role they’re clearly unhappy with.

Can't be us. The article says it's a mid-major coach

It does say some of the facts have been changed. I’m just wondering how many mid major coaches have former players who are assistants in the SEC.

Unless the expletives were added to mask who the coach is, I promise you it isn’t Haith. He doesn’t speak like that especially around a reporter. Even if it is left anonymous.

Found a couple other candidates. Mark Gottfried, Cliff Ellis, Jim Christian, Herb Sendek I would be surprised if any of them were seriously looking at the peach jam though.

It does say some of the facts have been changed. I’m just wondering how many mid major coaches have former players who are assistants in the SEC.
You are supposing that the "SEC" is not one of the facts that have been changed. For all we know, the former player is a coach in the Big East.

You are supposing that the "SEC" is not one of the facts that have been changed. For all we know, the former player is a coach in the Big East.
I know. That could be the case... but for some reason that part seemed true to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT