ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Newcomers

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Here’s some film of the newcomers (and others). If the numbers are correct, Griffin (#1) is a stud, hitting treys and a follow-up slam. Nikita is a good passer snd garbage man. Champ man has a nice stroke. Maybe some of you with “younger eyes” can identify some of the others.

Last edited:
I watched that earlier in the Twitter feed and was impressed with the range of the guy wearing 13 but when I checked the roster I didn’t see a 13, any idea who this could be? I agree that Griffin and Chapman look good. I’m excited to see this version of the Hurricane hit the court.

I watched that earlier in the Twitter feed and was impressed with the range of the guy wearing 13 but when I checked the roster I didn’t see a 13, any idea who this could be? I agree that Griffin and Chapman look good. I’m excited to see this version of the Hurricane hit the court.
I looked up #13 as well. ??

I looked up #13 as well. ??
I think #13 is Pritchard, it is hard to tell since their numbers aren’t on the front. I’m assuming it is him because I never saw a 14 and he was shooting lots of floaters.

There’s also a #22 that shoots a 3 around the 20 second mark. I’m not sure who that is either.

Haven’t seen the annual @I.I. post about who looks good. I’ve been waiting for it.

Vandelay industries put up a large sign at 12th & Lewis, true story.
Very true. I snapped a picture of it and sent it to a friend who is more of a Seinfeld fan than I am and I think I know most episodes verbatim. And it was just there out of the blue and very much out of context. Saw it after dropping my son off at soccer camp at TU. "Import-Export Fine latex Goods"

Looking at the photos in the roster bios, number 1 could be Tim Dalger and number 13 could be Gavin Elkamyl.

Here’s some film of the newcomers (and others). If the numbers are correct, Griffin (#1) is a stud, hitting treys and a follow-up slam. Nikita is a good passer snd garbage man. Champ man has a nice stroke. Maybe some of you with “younger eyes” can identify some of the others.

Best guess of who's who according to someone smarter than I: #4 is Pritchett, #3 is Chapman, #1 blue is griffin, #1 black is Dalger (however they switch colors in this video), no clue on 22, #13 is Elkamil.

Best guess of who's who according to someone smarter than I: #4 is Pritchett, #3 is Chapman, #1 blue is griffin, #1 black is Dalger (however they switch colors in this video), no clue on 22, #13 is Elkamil.
It's Pritchard. Yeah this one is obvious, but you left out Konstantnyovskyi at 17.

Last edited:
If Elkamyl can hit those deep shots consistently then I would expect him to see some minutes.

13 black is Griffin. Eklamil was wearing 22. You can tell by the knee brace.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Overall, this team seems to have more potentially good shooters than any we have had in a
while, and shooting may end up being an actual asset....

The trouble with most young teams though, is toughness on defense, and defensive rebounding....
Those seem to come with maturity......

As usual with Haith teams, it would be a very pleasant surprise if we started out looking like a
complete ball club from the git-go.....

I do hope that Haith is wise enough (and patient enough) to give the youngsters enough playing
time to develop more quickly (and incentive to stay around beyond their freshmen yrs)......The
large recruiting classes generated by attrition over the last several seasons have obviously been
a detriment to team development, AND have been significant factors in his teams' early season
troubles...

Last edited:
There is a fine line between giving all the young players a chance and playing just your best players to win. I just hope he can figure out a combination of young players that can help us win early. That's why some early blow out win games are so crucial with all the portal newcomers in today's world. Some of the teams with huge roster turnovers are scheduling easy games for the first three or four to accomplish this task.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT