ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news about Marshall’s

Just saw that on the news! Man, there's so many homeless folks still wandering around that area that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the homeless were to blame on this one.

Here's a message from Eric Marshall on FB...

Just wanted to say I have literally been brought to tears this evening by all the love and support from all over the world via texts, calls, emails, FB & IG messages, and offers from other local breweries to help in any way. The support and love sent our way has been incredible and I am truly humbled and grateful!
❤️

Long story short, the building to the west of the taproom caught fire around 1:30pm today. After several hours and 60+ firefighters working in extreme cold and wet conditions they got the fire out around 6pm. The taproom did not sustain any fire damage, but did suffer considerable smoke and water damage and part of the west wall behind the taps was busted out in order to fight the fire next door.

I cannot say enough about how incredible the @tulsafiredept is and the job they did to save our building from catastrophic damage. People always say that firefighters and first responders are heroes and there is no denying that, but seeing them in action first hand was simply amazing and took the word hero to a whole new level for me. The citizens of Tulsa are incredibly lucky to have these brave badass men and women protecting us and risking their lives to keep us safe.

I also want to give a shout out to our staff, family, and friends that happened to be there, for jumping into action to do whatever they could to help support and get things buttoned up after it was all over for the evening. A special shout out to @tulsabrewer aka Tim, our off duty Tulsa fireman, for his work, communication, and coordination to support TFD where we could and to get everything taken care of! Tim is the guy behind the scenes who never gets the love and recognition for what he does, but deserves all the love!!! I am beyond lucky to get to work and do life with all these people and appreciate them more than they will ever know.

Luckily production will not be interrupted while we will figure out what to do next with the taproom. Thank you again for all the love and support and please send love, prayers, good vibes, or whatever you choose to firefighters and first responders for all they do!

Here's a message from Eric Marshall on FB...

Just wanted to say I have literally been brought to tears this evening by all the love and support from all over the world via texts, calls, emails, FB & IG messages, and offers from other local breweries to help in any way. The support and love sent our way has been incredible and I am truly humbled and grateful!
❤️

Long story short, the building to the west of the taproom caught fire around 1:30pm today. After several hours and 60+ firefighters working in extreme cold and wet conditions they got the fire out around 6pm. The taproom did not sustain any fire damage, but did suffer considerable smoke and water damage and part of the west wall behind the taps was busted out in order to fight the fire next door.

I cannot say enough about how incredible the @tulsafiredept is and the job they did to save our building from catastrophic damage. People always say that firefighters and first responders are heroes and there is no denying that, but seeing them in action first hand was simply amazing and took the word hero to a whole new level for me. The citizens of Tulsa are incredibly lucky to have these brave badass men and women protecting us and risking their lives to keep us safe.

I also want to give a shout out to our staff, family, and friends that happened to be there, for jumping into action to do whatever they could to help support and get things buttoned up after it was all over for the evening. A special shout out to @tulsabrewer aka Tim, our off duty Tulsa fireman, for his work, communication, and coordination to support TFD where we could and to get everything taken care of! Tim is the guy behind the scenes who never gets the love and recognition for what he does, but deserves all the love!!! I am beyond lucky to get to work and do life with all these people and appreciate them more than they will ever know.

Luckily production will not be interrupted while we will figure out what to do next with the taproom. Thank you again for all the love and support and please send love, prayers, good vibes, or whatever you choose to firefighters and first responders for all they do!
He's gonna realize the damage smoke can do in the next few weeks. My grandmother had a fire that they contained pretty quickly. But smoke pretty much caused her a lot of heartache, and needed ozone machines for a long time. She had to have almost everything sent to a cleaning service in her 4800 sq/ft home. The cleaning company broke a lot of stuff, including antiques brought over from England. She had to move into an apartment for 2 mo. My heart goes out to him.

I think Eric is on FB with those guys, so they probably know within a day or two of the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT