ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome improvements to the game day experience!

That's encouraging. Are they doing much to publicize these improvements on TV, radio, billboards?

The tailgating thing definitely might appeal to some--it's basically $400 for up to 30pp for a full setup up of furniture, TV, tent, ice chests, a server who I'm not sure does what. You supply the food and drink though.

Loved tailgating and the spots are extremely affordable but bringing/setting up/tearing down isn't the most fun.

LOVED the improvements! The Block Party tents are SWEET!
Last thing we need to fix is the SLOW concession lines!
I think it’s great that we allow local groups to staff them and make a little extra money but they MUST be required to supply adequate staffing or be barred from participating.

I went searching for an ATM on both sides of the stadium but found none. Do they no longer allow them?

I went searching for an ATM on both sides of the stadium but found none. Do they no longer allow them?

There used to be a mobile ATM trailer the last few years on the west side of the stadium. In between the stadium and the apartment concession stands.

I wasn’t there yesterday, so I’m unsure if it’s there this season.

LOVED the improvements! The Block Party tents are SWEET!
Last thing we need to fix is the SLOW concession lines!
I think it’s great that we allow local groups to staff them and make a little extra money but they MUST be required to supply adequate staffing or be barred from participating.
There's absolutely no excuse for the lack of efficiency in those stands (except for one thing). The menu is limited and with the exception of popcorn and nachos everything is pre-portioned. Drinks that are bottled are quick. That one thing is, the fountain drinks. I'm sure Pepsi is not installing high flow units, like they do at QT or fast food restaurants, and they are dreadfully slow. For the workers, there's no incentive to make a few ahead of time when... I assume, that Sodexo is doing an volume/item/cup count at the end of the event and charging the volunteer group for any shortages. I promise they won't be switching to bottles due to the vast difference in cost.

I can’t comment on the game time improvements since I can’t make the games but I thought this might be a good place to give a shout out to the GHC. I received my packet this week which normally includes a couple of bumper/window stickers and a card for attending Olympic sports. This year I got the nicer looking card and stickers but I also got a really nice pin, a business card holder that can be stuck on something like a cell phone and individual stickers for each home game that said “Golden Hurricane Club - Beat XXXXX”. It seems like a little thing but I was so excited when I opened the envelope and saw all those things...I immediately ran over and put the pin on the TU cap I always wear. Good job GHC.

I didn't go explore it, but I saw a Midfirst sign approx. 50 ft away on what looked like a vending machine on the Southwest side of the stadium. It looked like an ATM.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I can’t comment on the game time improvements since I can’t make the games but I thought this might be a good place to give a shout out to the GHC. I received my packet this week which normally includes a couple of bumper/window stickers and a card for attending Olympic sports. This year I got the nicer looking card and stickers but I also got a really nice pin, a business card holder that can be stuck on something like a cell phone and individual stickers for each home game that said “Golden Hurricane Club - Beat XXXXX”. It seems like a little thing but I was so excited when I opened the envelope and saw all those things...I immediately ran over and put the pin on the TU cap I always wear. Good job GHC.

The feedback we’ve received has been very encouraging. We’re grateful for your generosity and want to make sure all members feel like they’re part of the TU family. Keep spreading the word, we have a long ways to go! Give.GoldenHurricaneClub.com

and for those of you who have Club seats, the remodel and the food selections were a significant upgrade over the first 10 years.

Reactions: utulsaGHC
and for those of you who have Club seats, the remodel and the food selections were a significant upgrade over the first 10 years.

@mcane we're really glad to hear you liked the new structure of the ONEOK Club. There are still a few club seats available, I'd love to personally give a tour to anyone interested in acquiring those spots. Give me a call anytime - 918-631-3725 or email ian-sadler@utulsa.edu

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I didn't go explore it, but I saw a Midfirst sign approx. 50 ft away on what looked like a vending machine on the Southwest side of the stadium. It looked like an ATM.
It was the MidFirst Bank trailer. It was sort of hidden behind the inflatables for the kids. In the past it has been the BOK van with the ATM.

I said the same thing.

The hot weather really killed the pregame/tailgating,....The "Cain's on Chapman" stage was bigger and better sounding than some music festivals that I have been to...hopefully they know somebody that gives them a big discount because I know how much it costs to rent stages and that rig is not cheap. And to have that setup for that level of band seems really odd.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT