ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Ritchie and Bradley Alcime

Don’t list what players are leaving but list only the players who are choosing to stay with aac previous coach of the year Frank Haith at Tulsa a much smaller list.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
There have been over 790 D-1 players enter the portal thus far, including 55 today, with many more to come. Cincy has 7, S Florida has 6. The AAC has 29 thus far. Kansas St has 5, Texas 4, Texas A&M 3, Georgia a bunch (didn’t keep track).

With 350 D1 schools, that’s over 2 per school at this point. I imagine we’ll have over 900 before it’s all over.

Jumping off the sinking ship.........
I believe some were encouraged to transfer. If you're going to rebuild the roster, this is the time because of the amount of good transfers in the portal. This is happening everywhere, not just TU, as Bill pointed out. All these kids around the country are transferring because they get immediate eligibility plus an extra year.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
There have been over 790 D-1 players enter the portal thus far, including 55 today, with many more to come. Cincy has 7, S Florida has 6. The AAC has 29 thus far. Kansas St has 5, Texas 4, Texas A&M 3, Georgia a bunch (didn’t keep track).

With 350 D1 schools, that’s over 2 per school at this point. I imagine we’ll have over 900 before it’s all over.
We will probably have 5-8. Haith said he doesn’t expect Haywood to return because of age. Williams will likely follow Shumate and transfer. I’d be surprised if Rachal returns. A few more kids will likely not be asked to return. This is going to basically be another ground up rebuild. Haith will still make the excuse that he had to replace a bunch of kids.

I think some were encouraged to transfer. If you're going to rebuild the roster, this is the time because of the amount of good transfers in the portal. This is happening everywhere, not just TU, as Bill pointed out. All these kids around the country are transferring because they get immediate eligibility plus an extra year.
Problem is, why should we trust Frank with another rebuild? What has he shown in his ~20 year career that makes you believe he can rebuild a roster leading to immediate success??? It should have been handed to someone else. It would have been the best year to let a new coach take the reins... instead we’re quadrupling down on Haith’s (4th? 5th?) Complete roster overhaul since he was gifted Manning’s kids.

Just wait until the two ORU players enter the portal...

Urbancic, Jackson, Idowu , Gendron and KES are the current players I would start with. I would love it if Earley got back to what I saw in practice last year but he looked so hesitant this year. KES could be like the Houston guard Grimes who expected the NBA to call at any minute at Kansas but came down to earth with Kelvin at Houston and was the AAC Co player of the year. I would still give KES that chance.

I don't like this transfer free-for-all. It is going to consolidate all the top talent in a few conferences to an even greater extent than it always has been.
It may seem fair to the players to allow them the same mobility as the coaches, but if ORU gets punished for their great run by losing their best players it won't be fair to ORU.

I don't like this transfer free-for-all. It is going to consolidate all the top talent in a few conferences to an even greater extent than it always has been.
It may seem fair to the players to allow them the same mobility as the coaches, but if ORU gets punished for their great run by losing their best players it won't be fair to ORU.

Coaches will run players off if they don't think they're good enough and jump ship to another school when they want to make more money. Unless coaches and schools are forced to show the same level of commitment to players I don't think players should have any restrictions on transferring at all in any year. It's every bit as fair to ORU as it is when Paul Mills decides to leave, and it's every bit as fair as it is to the players when they're politely asked to find another school to play for.

Coaches will run players off if they don't think they're good enough and jump ship to another school when they want to make more money. Unless coaches and schools are forced to show the same level of commitment to players I don't think players should have any restrictions on transferring at all in any year. It's every bit as fair to ORU as it is when Paul Mills decides to leave, and it's every bit as fair as it is to the players when they're politely asked to find another school to play for.
Everybody has their own perspective as far a fairness goes. That's why I think it's overrated.
Fair or not, I don't think it's good for the game.
Maybe what I feel would happen would be unintended consequences, but look at who makes the rules. It could be one of those "never let a good crisis go to waste" things..

I’ve always though scholarships should be 4 years guaranteed. I don’t like the anti competitiveness of moving players around though.

Reactions: URedskin54
That's JUCO ball, pure and simple.....If that's what you like, you're in for a treat.....

That's JUCO ball, pure and simple.....If that's what you like, you're in for a treat.....

It's not what I like, but we're talking about fairness. In an environment where coaches and schools are virtually unrestricted in what they can do without regard to how it will negatively impact a player, I don't see how it's rational to be upset when players start prioritizing themselves. Loyalty and commitment can't work one way.

Reactions: ctt8410
It's not what I like, but we're talking about fairness. In an environment where coaches and schools are virtually unrestricted in what they can do without regard to how it will negatively impact a player, I don't see how it's rational to be upset when players start prioritizing themselves. Loyalty and commitment can't work one way.
It does suck pretty bad. These coaches bitch and then clear multi-million dollar checks with multi-year deals. They really have zero sense of self-reflection. It does suck but you reap what you sow. Have fun!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT