ADVERTISEMENT

Ate at Oakhart BBQ Today

'Cane-man

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2002
When I took my first bite of brisket I knew that these folks are serious. Tender, juicy, nice bark and peppery beef flavor. I got one pork rib as an add-on; it was equally awesome.

Their sauces are tasty, but I just dabbed my bread in them. The meats did not need sauce.

They had a reasonably good crowd but far from packed. Hope the word of mouth helps. This is excellent Q.

Managed to sneak in on the 30th after SWA nuked my travel plans. This place rules. Brisket, ribs, and beef sausage all top notch. Sides are mostly forgettable, but that's not why anyone's there. They started selling out of meats right around noon, but never seemed to have a line more than 10 deep. I'll definitely be back.

We have had them catered. Thought they were pretty good but I did not like the mac n cheese at all. Like CTT said, sides are pretty forgettable.

Cheese grits are good at Oakhart,

I got the ribs for my firm Christmas lunch. A couple of people really appreciated it. Some others were like what’s the big deal?

I went to Hutchins in McKinnry yesterday. Holy crap. That’s the real effing deal. Sliced brisket was next level. Ribs were good. The Texas Twinkie is absolutely divine, and the sides are good, but why waste space when you have divine meat?

Reactions: TUMU and HuffyCane
Cheese grits are good at Oakhart,

I got the ribs for my firm Christmas lunch. A couple of people really appreciated it. Some others were like what’s the big deal?

I went to Hutchins in McKinnry yesterday. Holy crap. That’s the real effing deal. Sliced brisket was next level. Ribs were good. The Texas Twinkie is absolutely divine, and the sides are good, but why waste space when you have divine meat?

Discovered Hutchins about five years ago.
100% agree. It's so good. The brisket, ribs and Texas Twinkie, excellent.
A friend in Dallas sends me a whole brisket on my birthday.

Reactions: Gold*
I’m still thinking about it. I went to Nobu the night before. Nobu was great, but other than seeing Greg Abbot in person indicate an insane amount of hate for OU, I won’t remember much about it. Hutchins I will go to from now on.

Reactions: TUMU
I’m still thinking about it. I went to Nobu the night before. Nobu was great, but other than seeing Greg Abbot in person indicate an insane amount of hate for OU, I won’t remember much about it. Hutchins I will go to from now on.

When I order brisket I usually get half moist and half regular.

That’s what I did. They suggested it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT