ADVERTISEMENT

Association Football returning to Chapman Stadium?

If the Lunds are serious about this, they need to work together with Sonny and get involved with the Athletics. I just don't see this "Roughnecks" thing happening. Playing at Chapman, even temporarily, would be silly.

There's not really a better site unfortunately. Do any HS stadiums locally have grass anymore? The restrooms and concession situation at TU is better than most.

High school stadiums would not be able to serve beer, that would equal failure right off the bat!

Originally posted by DirtyDanchez:
High school stadiums would not be able to serve beer, that would equal failure right off the bat!
Is OKC getting an exception on beer sales? The article pointed out that OKC's NASL team would play at Taft Stadium which is owned by OKC Public School District.

GO TU!!!

It's OKC -- it's a little more progressive than Tulsa you'd think. There's not any good other options for a temporary facility if the larger HS stadiums are ruled out.

I agree there are no other options, which is why I think if the Lunds teamed up with Sonny, they could put more money into the ole' ballpark. Do another year as the Athletics and push the attendance up a little more. Then make the move to the NASL, regardless of whether they use the Roughnecks name or not.

I'm against using the Roughnecks name. And I'm not so sure that using it will somehow result in more attendance.

Originally posted by Novocaine:
It's OKC -- it's a little more progressive than Tulsa you'd think. There's not any good other options for a temporary facility if the larger HS stadiums are ruled out.
Huh ??

GO TU!!

The field isn't wider at Drillers Stadium, either. Chapman is a much nicer and more suitable venue -- the restrooms and other facilities at Drillers Stadium haven fallen into major disrepair.

I think the University of Tulsa, the city of Tulsa, and an investor for a NASL team need to all work together, this would be the perfect time for TU to destroy some of the crappy apartment buildings west of campus and build a new soccer specific stadium that holds around 8500. Sorta something similar to what they are building at Louisville.

6_836853.jpg

Got to thinking last night about how awesome it would be to have a full south end zone with a supporters club type atmosphere. I bet that seats around 4,000 or so -- could you imagine if it was full with flag waving supporters? Awesome!

Originally posted by DirtyDanchez:
I think the University of Tulsa, the city of Tulsa, and an investor for a NASL team need to all work together, this would be the perfect time for TU to destroy some of the crappy apartment buildings west of campus and build a new soccer specific stadium that holds around 8500. Sorta something similar to what they are building at Louisville.

6_836853.jpg
Is Papa John's the Boone Pickens for Louisville?

They really have updated the facilities. City paid for new downtown arena, they expanded the football stadium and now neat soccer field.

GO TU!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT