ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone making the trip to SMU?

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
If so, what are some decent hotels around the campus to look at that don't cost an arm and a leg, but won't get bed bugs as well?

That's probably what I will end up doing, just thinking of the new way to get their without battling the Dallas traffic too much

There are some Hampton Inn/Doubletree places about two exits or so up 75 right off the highway I've stayed at before in the North Park neighborhood. Anything cheaper than that, I would have no idea.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I think we stayed at the Highland for the bowl game several years ago. It didn't suck and we were able to walk to the game. There were a bunch of places to eat and get a drink nearby.

If you can avoid it, don't get a hotel in Dallas proper. Around SMU is extremely high dollar pricing for food and lodging. There are a few suburbs off 75 just north of 635 like Richardson and Allen. You'll find lots of Holiday Inn Expresses and Hampton Inns along there which will save you 50 or 60 bucks.

Was going to but decided to cancel. The Highland is a blast but it's steep. Had the cheapest room and was $457 for Fri and Sat. Looks like it's even more now.

Stay in Grand Prairie or Arlington and make the trip back and forth. It's an easy trip to and from the stadium, prices are cheaper and you avoid most of Dallas. Look around the six Flags area.

Im going

Flight gets in at 5pm on friday.

Not looking forward to the drive from dfw to the blvd at rush hour.

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT