ADVERTISEMENT

American to require testing 72 hour prior

I believe this is going to be the standard. I know this is what the NCAA and P5s have been talking about. People who cover OU have been tweeting about it this AM, as well as the fact that OU just completed another round of tests with no positive results in the players, coaches, or support staff for the football team. Honestly, if teams and schools can really stress the importance of masks and staying within their bubble, they should be fine. But how many college kids have the discipline to not make a late night run to Taco Bell or to have a non-athlete friend over to play video games? Hell, we've got NBA players who can't follow the bubble rules that have been set up for them.

Reactions: loca2874
I believe this is going to be the standard. I know this is what the NCAA and P5s have been talking about. People who cover OU have been tweeting about it this AM, as well as the fact that OU just completed another round of tests with no positive results in the players, coaches, or support staff for the football team. Honestly, if teams and schools can really stress the importance of masks and staying within their bubble, they should be fine. But how many college kids have the discipline to not make a late night run to Taco Bell or to have a non-athlete friend over to play video games? Hell, we've got NBA players who can't follow the bubble rules that have been set up for them.
I agree with the behavior of these kids. Who is monitoring this. We have grown men in the NBA that are violating the rules and they are adults. Something in me is thinking that the NCAA is going to move all fall sports to the spring.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I agree with the behavior of these kids. Who is monitoring this. We have grown men in the NBA that are violating the rules and they are adults. Something in me is thinking that the NCAA is going to move all fall sports to the spring.
Grown men who are being paid MILLIONS to be responsible. Shoot, make all the players sign an agreement that if they break bubble rules and get COVID and have to miss training and games, then they are docked pay. It should not be that difficult for them to understand the gravity of the situation.

Grown men who are being paid MILLIONS to be responsible. Shoot, make all the players sign an agreement that if they break bubble rules and get COVID and have to miss training and games, then they are docked pay. It should not be that difficult for them to understand the gravity of the situation.
I absolutely agree with this statement. Goes to show if the NBA is having this much trouble with a small group of people it’s gonna be hard for the schools and coaches to maintain a larger group

Reactions: TU_BLA
I absolutely agree with this statement. Goes to show if the NBA is having this much trouble with a small group of people it’s gonna be hard for the schools and coaches to maintain a larger group
Apparently the NHL is grappling with this too once teams get to Toronto/Edmonton. I have no idea how baseball is doing it. I know the Red Sox are basically doing their camp in Boston right now. Don't know if the players can go home or if their quarantined at a hotel somewhere. Have no idea how the NFL is going to do it because we know that NFL players have their own agenda and tend to do whatever they want.

College athletes are not paid enough to put themselves at this type of risk, IMO (and I am a staunch opponent of the NIL pay for college athletes). Their scholarship covers room, books, tuition, food, and a little extra...but that is in exchange for playing under "normal" conditions...these are not. These are hazardous times, hazardous conditions that they should not be subjected to just so universities maintain a flow of TV money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT