ADVERTISEMENT

America 2016

Nice lady. Saved 12 people from Differential Equations. Pitiful.

Hopefully he will require more core mathematics courses be taught in our public and private schools.

Hopefully he will require more core mathematics courses be taught in our public and private schools.
Differential equations will never be core mathematics in our schools, however people need to realize that every symbol they see that they're not familiar with is not necessarily of the dangerous nature . Diff E usually follows 3 semesters of calculus.

My comment was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. Back in the day we had Cac I and II followed by Diff E.

My comment was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. Back in the day we had Cac I and II followed by Diff E.
Sorry missed the sarcasm we had I II III then diff E. But my day was before yours I suspect. I back when George Washington was a corporal

I once flew while reading a report on various performance high explosives. But then again, I don't have any accent, so I guess I'm ok.

I've heard from the experimental guys that flying can be a real pain. Residues can get into your clothes and trigger a positive swab test. Then try explaining to some TSA guy that it's ok, you just work with high explosives daily...

Reactions: WATU2
Interesting the different approaches that colleges employ. Our Cac classes were 5 hours each so we had 10 total hours of Cac prior to Diff E.
You mean 5 credit hours? I've never seen a class worth more than 3 credit hours at TU. Even chemistry was 3 credit hours plus a 1 credit hour lab.

You mean 5 credit hours? I've never seen a class worth more than 3 credit hours at TU. Even chemistry was 3 credit hours plus a 1 credit hour lab.

Yes. Both Chemistry and Cac were 5 hour classes at the OSU college of engineering.

Chemistry used to be 5 hours, 3 class, 1 quiz section, 1 lab, the lab was much longer than an hour. That was only the first two semesters. You have to understand it is deflation. There were a few 5 hour courses, but in my day a BS in chemistry was 140 hours. I doubt it is that much now. Most annoying though, was the 4 semesters of German which were two of German and two of Scientific German. This came from the theory that "I had to take so you have to take it."

Chemistry used to be 5 hours, 3 class, 1 quiz section, 1 lab, the lab was much longer than an hour. That was only the first two semesters. You have to understand it is deflation. There were a few 5 hour courses, but in my day a BS in chemistry was 140 hours. I doubt it is that much now. Most annoying though, was the 4 semesters of German which were two of German and two of Scientific German. This came from the theory that "I had to take so you have to take it."
I want to say it was 134 credit hours for us to graduate in petroleum engineering. I think I ended up with one-sixty-something because I was on scholarship for music as well and ended up with a music minor.

I feel like beginning levels of foreign languages were 4 credit hours at TU.

This was true in the "way back" time. 14 stupid hours of German. And when I was in Germany the average German spoke much better English than I spoke German. To make matters worse, my first year the professor was Dr. Zaberowski so I spoke German with a slight Polish accent.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT