ADVERTISEMENT

All AAC Teams

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Only 2 players on the 1st or 2nd teams. Bowling made 2nd team offense, Bennett was 2nd team punter. Edmiston did make honorable mention.

What a joke.

Bennett was 5th in the nation in punting average and did nothing to hurt that Sunday. Edmiston not being at least 2nd team is just a joke...OMG. Tells me coaches looked only at W/L record for the most part in determining a player's performance.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Awards unfortunately typically go the teams that win.
I do recall Shawn Jackson was C-USA DPOY for a 2-10 squad in 2013. Edmiston's got very comparable numbers to Jackson's minus the sacks. To me the turnovers created number for Edmiston between INTs, fumbles recovered and fumbles forced in addition to his 110 tackles. Plus the AAC DPOY played for East Carolina...not like they really lit it up this year.

Someone mentioned Whitfield. Probably the most under-rated defensive player (and the most under appreciated).

I am actually shocked Oliver wasn't DPOY just by reputation. I mean Bowling got 2nd team recognition on offense missing half the games we played this season so we know the coaches looked at contributions while playing. That tells me the coaches respected Bowling a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT