ADVERTISEMENT

Akayleb Evans transferring?

TULOYAL

I.T.S. Sophomore
Aug 13, 2010
Just read that he was in the portal and Notre Dame offered him. This is bad. Who else is in the portal?

I saw texas offered Evans. Its alittle fishy players are just now wanting to transfer. Theres no doubt some sort of tampering has happened.

That's gonna hurt our depth, not to mention that that was a 1st & 2nd string CB. Guessing they'll have to see who they can pick up at this late a date. Will hate it if we are weakest at CB because of that.

What was the deal with Mays, I thought he either decided to quit football or entered the transfer portal after taking last season off for covid?

Reactions: HuffyCane
That one hurts. Two CB’s in one week? Who is the new secondary coach and what is he doing that’s pissing these kids off?
Coach Buckels has been on staff for 4 years but has only been CB coach since March 2021. He’s passing game DC and was on staff at Baylor with Monty.

The new coach only coaches safeties. Kendrick Shaver. Coach Shaver had tremendous success at Utah State as DC and had the secondary at Wash State punching above their weight. He’s a former recruiting coordinator at NEO. He knows how to close in living rooms in this state.

Reactions: quincy101
Coach Buckels has been on staff for 4 years but has only been CB coach since March 2021. He’s passing game DC and was on staff at Baylor with Monty.

The new coach only coaches safeties. Kendrick Shaver. Coach Shaver had tremendous success at Utah State as DC and had the secondary at Wash State punching above their weight. He’s a former recruiting coordinator at NEO. He knows how to close in living rooms in this state.
Still doesn't explain why we had one starter who is an All AAC candidate, a potential All American decide to leave and the guy who was presumably going to inherit the starting role of that player, both decide to leave IN MAY. I would have questioned Evans deciding to leave in January after the bowl game. If Nixon decided to leave then I would have simply chalked it up to him wanting a chance to be a starter somewhere.

I am seriously waiting for the offer from Mizzou to come soon. And then you have to question whether or not our former DB coach had contact with them prior to them deciding to enter the portal and probable tampering.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I’m just saying that on the surface, a coaching change likely isn’t the problem. Might be a change in accountability tho ....

Would be interested to know if either of them were set to receive multi-game suspensions for actions in the MSU brawl
Possible but you figure that would hurt the transferability. And that doesn’t seem to be stopping some P5 programs.

I’d bet the two aren’t related.

Nixon is a JUCO and they are notorious academic casualties and its that time of year.

Evans, based solely on his social media, is likely concerned about culture issues on the team. The tone of the messages implies that the program wasn’t responsive to his concerns. That’s a bigger problem than him leaving. Now we have 60 odd under class men seeing that if you work hard you can bail for Notre Dame or Texas. That was always going to be the case but if he’s doing because of reasons inside the program that’s a whole different story.

Would be interested to know if either of them were set to receive multi-game suspensions for actions in the MSU brawl
Well, they announced the total number and I assume will eventually impose the discipline. Comparing the two, we can eventually come really close to figuring that out in the fall.

If he’s leaving for having to sit because of the fight, I’m glad he’s gone and I’d have paid for the plane ticket.

Well, they announced the total number and I assume will eventually impose the discipline. Comparing the two, we can eventually come really close to figuring that out in the fall.

If he’s leaving for having to sit because of the fight, I’m glad he’s gone and I’d have paid for the plane ticket.
Funny enough , Miss State offered him

As long as it’s not a regular occurrence, and as long as it doesn’t escalate out of control, I don’t mind a scuffle. How many people care about the Bad Boy Pistons? How about Bill Laimbeer and Charles Barkley? How about Dr. J and Larry Bird?

I’m okay with the team showing grit and passion in the moment if they’ve played with that same grit and passion all season and it helped them win games. Right now, we laud Haith for his handling of the program from a compliance / relation standpoint, but I feel that a few of his players would have said “please sir can I have another” when push came to shove in the same situation because they’re not interested in having that same level of dedication to taking it to their opponent but also standing up for themselves and their teammates.

That being said, I think swinging a helmet could be considered assault with a weapon and that person shouldn’t be playing football at all anymore. I also agree that if you break the rules you need to serve the suspension that’s handed to you.

Who? Did they ever get on the field at Tulsa?
Kainer was a three star TE JUCO transfer with offers from Louisville and USF but mostly FCS programs. We discussed why he was likely a reach but the best we could get with the current version of this offense not really using the HB like Baylor did.

He was on the team through the ECU game but was dropped from the roster at some point after that. He wasn’t on the roster for the championship game or the bowl game, I know that for sure. He never played for Tulsa.

Garrett was a lightly recruited safety. Also JUCO. Also dropped from the roster in the post season. He also never played for Tulsa.

You don’t have to play to be invaluable. And you don’t have to be a Rudy either. Plenty of guys come to work everyday, get the team ready and their value added is put on the field through the improved play of others.

But both are good examples of why JUCOs are a risk. Not only did we get nothing from them tangible, but that roster spot was clogged up for year that could have been used by a freshman developing who could be ready to play this year. Now we have to start over, not to mention the wasted money. JUCOs might be a step forward but if they aren’t they are two steps back.

I thought the same thing earlier. I can't even remember who was involved anymore. That would be a really dumb reason to leave.
Nixon may have been more involved but I don't recall seeing Evans in any of the worst action. And if they were going to be suspended and that was the reason they were transferring then wouldn't they have done that back in February when the results of the investigation were announced and that TU was going to handle the punishments internally?

By all accounts, Evans is an outstanding young man beyond the football player side. Didn't he start his own non-profit? It just seems weird to me.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Nixon may have been more involved but I don't recall seeing Evans in any of the worst action. And if they were going to be suspended and that was the reason they were transferring then wouldn't they have done that back in February when the results of the investigation were announced and that TU was going to handle the punishments internally?

By all accounts, Evans is an outstanding young man beyond the football player side. Didn't he start his own non-profit? It just seems weird to me.
He’s claimed to have had a non-profit foundation paying out charitable sums since high school. I couldnt find any record of it after a very quick search.

I saw texas offered Evans. Its alittle fishy players are just now wanting to transfer. Theres no doubt some sort of tampering has happened.
Or it could be simply that the P5 transfers have been picked over and now the handlers are knocking on G5 doors after spring practice and assurances that finals have been passed successfully.

Man, I remember when boomerangs were cool for that one week back in 1981. Pretty sure I was listening to The Who’s new Face Dances record and John Cooper was killing it as the TU football coach

Man, I remember when boomerangs were cool for that one week back in 1981. Pretty sure I was listening to The Who’s new Face Dances record and John Cooper was killing it as the TU football coach
Hogan was responsible for another slight uptick in popularity in '86.

No I ain't talkin bout heroes and/or Hulk.

"Everybody calls me the quiet one..."

Died in a blaze of rock and roll glory with a nose full of powder and a stripper.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT