ADVERTISEMENT

After watching some tape from last year...

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
I think our defense will still be pretty good, what we are forgetting is we have a lot of really good role players . They know the defense and are always in position ( Grant Sawyer for example) Add an improving offense and just like that , we may be better this year than last, one can hope!

I think it will boil down to quarterback play and I am hopeful Brinn will be better than Smith

Reactions: TULSARISING
I think our defense will still be pretty good, what we are forgetting is we have a lot of really good role players . They know the defense and are always in position ( Grant Sawyer for example) Add an improving offense and just like that , we may be better this year than last, one can hope!
I can hop on this train. Both offensive and defensive lines will be scary good, and it all starts in the trenches.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Defense will be a problem if our DB’s can’t give the front 7 enough time to get to the football. The severe lack of experience at corner is troubling.

Defense will be a problem if our DB’s can’t give the front 7 enough time to get to the football. The severe lack of experience at corner is troubling.
I’m less concerned about that as I am sending safety help to bolster inexperienced or inadequate corners that creates mismatches in the passing game and second level holes for the RBs.

To the extent I am frustrated by Evans and Green, it’s that the school suffered some back breaking close loses when they were freshmen and sophomores. Games we might have won with serviceable corners. The program and the roster might look different today if we were going 5-7 instead of 2-10.

They played early due to injuries and recruiting misses and because they were PM guys. We gave up a lot of big runs because our safeties were cheating over to help the corners, especially Evans. Now we lose the chance to withdraw the dividends we earned making deposits on Evans and Green’s development.

Hey, basically they said... to heck with their coaches, their teammates, and their school. It was their choice, so if they never play another down or see the field again, I don't care!

Where I do agree with we may be a little down at those spots from last season, I don’t believe we will be throwing out an “ Austin Mcdaniels “ out there either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT