ADVERTISEMENT

AAC coaching news

If the Graggster had made the right call we'd be looking for another coach pretty soon.

And if he was good at his job, he would have lined up his top choices over the last month and would have announced the firing and hiring within a week of each other.

The FSU job is the worst in sports.

The athletic department is wholly owned by their GHC and operated by them too. It’s why you see their logo spray painted on the field in a colossal ego move.

But they also do some really cool creative things, like buy up property directly next to campus and build up a multi use area like the one down by the river in Jenks with all the restaurants and bars. Rather than depending on business people to donate a portion of their profits, they are the business and control the profit donations.

Still, the organization has the same structure as when it was doing charity raffles and organizing bus trips to away games. Most of Bowden’s power booster cadre remains and the struggle between them and the new generation who want to move on from Bobby is unbelievably bitter. Two fiascos in a row, plus age, may have finally brought Bobby and his minions to the end of the line.

Who ever goes into that job is like Indiana Jones jumping down into the Well of the Souls.

Oh wait, Huffy has all of the information on Florida State too. I thought Huffy was Gerry pretending to be Huffy but apparently Huffy is the College God posting everything for everyone. I bow down.

The key is to know just enough to pass the smell test, but to speak with the confidence of someone who knows much more. Just be careful to use vague enough terms so that you can never be proven wrong. Or just delete posts. And you can get yourself in trouble when you expand to other subjects, like say the local politics of a soccer team in a city you’ve never visited 3000 miles away, as an example.

Oh wait, Huffy has all of the information on Florida State too. I thought Huffy was Gerry pretending to be Huffy but apparently Huffy is the College God posting everything for everyone. I bow down.
I only talk about things I know about

Reactions: TU1NNJ
The FSU job is the worst in sports.

The athletic department is wholly owned by their GHC and operated by them too. It’s why you see their logo spray painted on the field in a colossal ego move.

But they also do some really cool creative things, like buy up property directly next to campus and build up a multi use area like the one down by the river in Jenks with all the restaurants and bars. Rather than depending on business people to donate a portion of their profits, they are the business and control the profit donations.

Still, the organization has the same structure as when it was doing charity raffles and organizing bus trips to away games. Most of Bowden’s power booster cadre remains and the struggle between them and the new generation who want to move on from Bobby is unbelievably bitter. Two fiascos in a row, plus age, may have finally brought Bobby and his minions to the end of the line.

Who ever goes into that job is like Indiana Jones jumping down into the Well of the Souls.
The coach has to deal with a pit of snakes and the Wrath of God all in one?

Reactions: HuffyCane
FIFM

Memphis is one of Todd Graham’s dream jobs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT