ADVERTISEMENT

A whopper even for Hillary

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Asked about her receiving $675,000 last year for speeches that was paid for by Goldwin Sachs, Hillary replied that it was before she knew she would be a candidate for President. Really? REALLY?

Hilary declared herself a candidate on April 12, 2015. Obviously, she woke up on that morning and decided to run for president. Hillary or no one else had given any thought to her running.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The Clinton's love for money is well known, but I do agree with her, I don't think she's changed a vote because of where her campaign contributions have come from, it doesn't show in her voting record in the senate. The Republicans meanwhile, don't get me started, wind up 1% monkeys, the lot of them.

Last edited:
Did you forget the list of Republican candidates who showed up at the Koch brothers weekend to beg to be their lackeys for the $900M the Kochs are going to put behind their boy? If $700,000 is significant, what does $900,000,000 from the Kochs get you?

Vote for Honest Gil!

Dems have soros, the Kennedy clan, ted turner, Nancy peloci, hollywood, John Kerry heinz, newcommers the clintons . . .

I guess you missed the point that she lied again in her answer . Yes everyone or almost everyone takes money but she said she wasn't a presidential candidate and that she had no plans of running when she took that $675,000

I guess you missed the point that she lied again in her answer . Yes everyone or almost everyone takes money but she said she wasn't a presidential candidate and that she had no plans of running when she took that $675,000
I got the point. Check out Jeb who delayed his candidacy so he could soak up dough without candidate restrictions, then he announced. As for ir being a "whopper" go look at some fact checking sites for the debates for long lists of whoppers that are not even technically correct.

This tit for tat stuff that gets you all so revved up is sort of fun, but that is just what the backers of these various employees want to distract you with so you avoid looking at the meta game.

With very few exceptions (Sanders, Trump?, Warren, etc), everyone who gains federal elected office had to or will sell out to the wealthy and corporate interests to be elected. Everyone sells out to the same kinds of groups because it takes so much money. What they tell you to get your does not matter because you will not give them enough.

Really, when these guys say, "I have a plan..." It means zero.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with what you say in the main part. But first, we didn't dream this up. Bernie made a big point of it a couple of debates ago and she was asked by MSNBC in the latest debate. Hillary may be a skilled politician, but she is not a very good liar.

She didn't know she was going to run for president.
She landed an airport under sniper fire.
The Benghazi attack was caused by a video.
She used her own email because she didn't want to have to carry two phones.

She hasn't kept up with fact check and modern technology, The days is gone when you can say anything have people automatically believe it. People know you can have more than one email on a device, they saw a little girl giving her flowers at the airport, and it was the worst kept secret in the world that she was going to run for president.

I'm waiting for her indictment.

Any day now, it will happen. The establishment isn't comfortable with Sanders either, which is why Biden may still be in the mix.

Most of Bernie's supporters are young kids, collegege. Most have never worked for a living and paid taxes.

This tit for tat stuff that gets you all so revved up is sort of fun, but that is just what the backers of these various employees want to distract you with so you avoid looking at the meta game.
I don't disagree with what you say in the main part. But first, we didn't dream this up. Bernie made a big point of it a couple of debates ago and she was asked by MSNBC in the latest debate. Hillary may be a skilled politician, but she is not a very good liar.

She didn't know she was going to run for president.
She landed an airport under sniper fire.
The Benghazi attack was caused by a video.
She used her own email because she didn't want to have to carry two phones.

She hasn't kept up with fact check and modern technology, The days is gone when you can say anything have people automatically believe it. People know you can have more than one email on a device, they saw a little girl giving her flowers at the airport, and it was the worst kept secret in the world that she was going to run for president.

As I said above. If you want to get caught up in this game, however, you might want to use this fact check tech on both parties. Then you will find some lies that really do qualify as "whoppers".

BTW if being a good liar is an important quality you are looking for, Trump, Cruz and Rubio should make your A list easily.

Actually, being a good liar is not something that I am looking for, but being a bad lair is a double flaw in that it demonstrates that your think you are so highly regarded that people will believe even the most obvious of lies if they come from you.

There probably isn't a politician ever who hasn't bent the truth or expressed the truth in the most favorable light to themselves. But Hillary utters goofy lies to get her past the moment and expects people to believe them. A classic is being shot at on landing when there is film of a young girl giving her flowers and the shooting was miles away. The other lies I listed are just as bad. By all rights she was supposed to be almost unchallenged for the nomination. But the American people just don't trust her. She can win the election only if the Republicans offer someone worse than her.

WATU, I'm reasonable sure that you don't want Hillary to be your candidate and know exactly what I am talking about. I believe that Bernie is more open, but I can't go his policies.

I am encouraged that the Democrats have suddenly became so critical of Rubio because that means that he is the one they fear most. He botched the debate because he sounded pre-recorded, but he had a excellent point. Obama isn't incompetent, he is wrong headed. He is making progress on his agenda, but his agenda is not in the best interest of the country. You and I have clearly different opinions, but the one that will count will be the one with the most electors after the election.

Obama isn't incompetent, he is wrong headed. He is making progress on his agenda, but his agenda is not in the best interest of the country. You and I have clearly different opinions, but the one that will count will be the one with the most electors after the election.

Wrong headed? Not in the best interests? The data says otherwise. Sure faith based voting may put one of those bought and sold bozos in office, but it will be as faith based as creationism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/opinion/the-time-loop-party.html

Krugman....really?

As far as the "whopper", all candidates lie at times or stretch the truth in debates whether intentional or simply an innocent misstatement of facts. She gets a pass here. There are plenty of other examples of calculated misstatements(lies) which are far worse imo.

Last edited:
Yes Rubio repeated over and over. WATU how many times have you repeated creationism? All Republicans are not creationist any more than all Democrats are Pinko Communist sympathizers. One minute you say both parties are bought and sold but when the cards are down you save that for Republicans.

Yes, Obama is wrong headed. Polls show most people thing the country is headed in the wrong direction. Christie tried to make it appear that Rubio supports Obama just because he didn't say is was incompetent. He said he was competent at getting things done that most Republicans don't like. Things like not enforcing immigration laws, the treaty with Iran, and the debacle that is/was Obamacare.

The only thing that both Trump and Bernie have in common is that both tap into the feeling that the country is being run poorly. People don't want more of the same. I think Trump is off base in his response; it's up to Democrats to decide which one they want. Republicans have a couple of good choices in Rubio and Kasich in my opinion. Which ever Republican moves forward, you will be against him but you really don't get to help choose. I don't get to help pick a Democrat. But we all get to help pick a President. Thanks for your opinion who us creationists get to run and you pinkos get to choose yours. [One good slur deserves another...and no Democrats aren't pinkos by default and Republicans aren't creationists by default.]

I am a creationist in that I believe Sunday morning was created for sleeping in and I go to St. Mattress's.

I find it interesting that people hold their nose while talking about DT, and then declare that they support hrc.

Peas in a pod.

I am not pro-Clinton. I am anti-Trump.

She would be the lesser evil.

Republicans are just asking for it.

Both Sanders and Trump feed the worst elements of their parties. However, Sanders comes away as a well meaning, yet totally wrong curmudgeon while Trump appears deranged, amateurish and dangerous. IMO

On another note, I went to the Rubio rally in Jenks. It was pretty neat. I can now check another item off my bucket list. Good to see Tom Coburn there and he looks very well - I miss him as our senator. Bobby Jindahl is also someone I like and did a good job warming up the audience. We invited some of our very good democrat/liberal friends to attend and they also liked it. I think they may be wanting to switch away from Bernie and Hillary in the general. They really like Rubio now.

I am not pro-Clinton. I am anti-Trump.

She would be the lesser evil.

Republicans are just asking for it.

I know it looks gloomy, but there is still a mathematical chance 4th down and 20 on our own 3 yard line with not much time left on the clock. I'm not giving up till after March 15.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
DT accepts responsibility for his views and actions.

HRC blames everyone else for:
Benghazi, Bill can't keep his pats on, illegal email server, bad foreign polocies, gun fire on the tarmac, thugs killing police, accepting bribes from foreign govs, denouncing the 1% while being one, . . .

Sorry, she's still less vile. I have zero interest in defending her.

At the end of the day, I'm not all that worried about my own life changing much when she is President. Sanders would be a different discussion.

I know it looks gloomy, but there is still a mathematical chance 4th down and 20 on our own 3 yard line with not much time left on the clock. I'm not giving up till after March 15.

I could be wrong, but I think if Trump has the most delegates yet not enough to win it on the first ballot, we are headed for a floor fight. IMO, that would be a good thing. Anything but Trump!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention

When I hear hrc speak,

It feels like I am being scolded, and sounds like someone scraping their fingernails on a chalk board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT