ADVERTISEMENT

9-11

rabidTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Thursday is the "date which will live in infamy part 2" Lest we forget. 9-11 was the first time an act of war by a foreign enemy was perpetrated on continental american soil since the War of 1812.

On a side note, if any of you can watch, Megyn Kelly's show on Fox News has an interview with that lieberal ex professor Ward Churchill. He refers to the americans who died on 9-11 as no better than Nazi's. Its very commical how easily she tears him apart and makes him look like the idiot he obviously is. To put it in a nutshell: Ward Churchill = )o(
flush.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 9/8 10:32 PM by rabidTU

The sad thing is that Libs think that it is ok for people like Churchhill, bill ayers, . . . to speak ill of our country; but want to sillence people like the Koch Bros.

Harry Reid shouldn't be allowed to get away with trashing the Koch bros. Every time "creepy" Harry Reid does it, some republican should get up and point out all the damage that Billioniare George Sorros has done to world currency. But noooooooo, the republicans just want to get along and are afraid of that Hungarian heathen

TERM LIMITS!

It keeps anyone person from gaining too much power and influence.
It weeds out the Deadwood.

Speaking of 9's. Here is some more -----------9-22 and 9:29. What's its significance?

Well, on Sept 22, at 9:29 CT (eleven days from now) the summer will officially end and Autumn (autumnal equinox) begins. So we are still "IN" summer here. And so these are supposed to be the "dog days of summer", right?

Forecast tomorrow is high 64 degrees and low 48.

But I am very sorry I gave a prediction. Weather/climate "predictin" can be misleading especially when its done over years and even decades in the future. Not so much a day or two ahead.

Just sayin!

This post was edited on 9/11 11:17 AM by rabidTU

Originally posted by rabidTU:

And so these are supposed to be the "dog days of summer", right?
Actually, no. If you pull out your Farmer's Almanac, you'll find that the dog days of summer correspond with the ancient heliacal rising of the Dog Star, Sirius, beginning July 3rd and ending August 11th.

Originally posted by voetvoet:

Actually, no. If you pull out your Farmer's Almanac, you'll find that the dog days of summer correspond with the ancient heliacal rising of the Dog Star, Sirius, beginning July 3rd and ending August 11th.
Lassie was always my favorite Dog Star.

Originally posted by voetvoet:

Good job! I see you're observing the more accurate data from the Farmers Almanac than the projections of Climatologists. :)
wink.r191677.gif

Actually those days are also a part of bibilical "lore". Referring to some summer days as late as early September.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Days

Third paragraph under the heading of "The Dates"

This post was edited on 9/12 6:22 PM by rabidTU

The early shepherds, tending their flocks by night also preferred Lassie. However the Spartans, having a more military taste, would have preferred Yukon King of the RCMP or Rin Tin Tin of Fort Apache. Dog Stars have long been a part of the history of entertainment.

Despite attempts by Hollywood, to replace Dog Stars with other Animal Stars, most notably "Babe" a pig who was trained to herd sheep in the movie by the same name, Dog Stars will continue to be important in the future. This is no doubt due to man's much longer and much wider use of dogs as a work animal and pet than Killer Whales or Pigs. Cats are in a different category due to the fact that cats, while making a nice pet, seem not the slightest interested in working and a most famous for being picky eaters. "That Darned Cat" was entertaining, but Dog Stars should continue for the future be dominant.

I always thought one of the most underated Dog Stars was "Astro" of the Jetsons.

Rut-Ro,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT