ADVERTISEMENT

59 police officers injured in Seattle this weekend

There’s a big distinction between soldiers and ordinary citizens. Assume I don’t need to point out the difference. In almost all cases these thugs and rioters have zero beef with the people whose property their destroying.
800.jpeg

They look remarkably like soldiers to me. One might argue they're better equipped for soldiery than any redcoat ever was.

I guess that's what happens when you give all the military surplus from 2 failed wars to the police and then turn them against protesters.

Last edited:
Aston went to a lot of trouble to defend that which cannot be defended.

Politicians when sworn in swear that they will protect and defend the US Constitution. There are ways to make changes by the Amendment process. Those do not include change by one fell swoop of rioters.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Aston went to a lot of trouble to defend that which cannot be defended.

Politicians when sworn in swear that they will protect and defend the US Constitution. There are ways to make changes by the Amendment process. Those do not include change by one fell swoop of rioters.
I would argue that misusing political systems to gerrymander districts, and subvert the will of the populace at large is nearly as bad as creating laws without giving the people any representation at all. It's all just the illusion of choice. When masses of people feel like their government isn't working for them and their voices aren't heard, they tend to get upset. Sometimes they make rash, and even self-harming decisions. (Look at the French Revolution for example). That doesn't mean that their frustrations aren't valid, or necessarily that the negative actions of a few should outweigh the desire for positive change of the many.

If anything, it would be easier for them to find a path to change if their opposition wasn't so voracious in their denouncement and actually took a step back to see the problems that sparked the outrage. A government that continually subverts the desire of a majority of its constituents has never ended well.

Last edited:
Gerrymandering first appeared in this country under a Democratic Party supermajority and is named for the fifth Vice President, Democrat Eldridge Gerry.

Reactions: noble cane
800.jpeg

They look remarkably like soldiers to me. One might argue they're better equipped for soldiery than any redcoat ever was.

I guess that's what happens when you give all the military surplus from 2 failed wars to the police and then turn them against protesters.

I’m obviously talking about the millions upon millions of private property destroyed in places like Minneapolis, NYC, Chicago, etc... Are you trying to be dense on purpose ?

I would argue that misusing political systems to gerrymander districts, and subvert the will of the populace at large is nearly as bad as creating laws without giving the people any representation at all. It's all just the illusion of choice. When masses of people feel like their government isn't working for them and their voices aren't heard, they tend to get upset. Sometimes they make rash, and even self-harming decisions. (Look at the French Revolution for example). That doesn't mean that their frustrations aren't valid, or necessarily that the negative actions of a few should outweigh the desire for positive change of the many.

If anything, it would be easier for them to find a path to change if their opposition wasn't so voracious in their denouncement and actually took a step back to see the problems that sparked the outrage. A government that continually subverts the desire of a majority of its constituents has never ended well.
Are you sure you speak for the will of the population at large?

Group which burn, loot, occupy areas of cities, assault police, etc. may not be representative of the masses at large. One problem is that we have two candidates for the highest office in the land neither of who should be chosen. There is high frustration and an unreasonable level of partisanship. Part of our task should be to avoid the insanity of the French Revolution. We should protect and help all of our citizens.

Again, you are defending those who are the worst of the group and who are not protestors, but instead criminals.

Are you sure you speak for the will of the population at large?

Group which burn, loot, occupy areas of cities, assault police, etc. may not be representative of the masses at large. One problem is that we have two candidates for the highest office in the land neither of who should be chosen. There is high frustration and an unreasonable level of partisanship. Part of our task should be to avoid the insanity of the French Revolution. We should protect and help all of our citizens.

Again, you are defending those who are the worst of the group and who are not protestors, but instead criminals.
I'm acknowledging that criminal acts occur for political reasons. They happened in literally EVERY revolution.

I would say that over half of the population didn't vote for the guy who's instigating all of this, and the body responsible for keeping him in office isn't representative of the actual population, rather simply arbitrary lines on maps.

Reactions: TU_BLA
They still opposed the federal govt violently over a percieved federal injustice and considered those opposed to be loyalists..
And yet, many people upset about riots in the PNW, still choose to fly their rebel flag... And that's actually part of why there are riots in the first place...

I'm acknowledging that criminal acts occur for political reasons. They happened in literally EVERY revolution.

I would say that over half of the population didn't vote for the guy who's instigating all of this, and the body responsible for keeping him in office isn't representative of the actual population, rather simply arbitrary lines on maps.
The Revolution exists only in your mind. When this is over in November neither Trump nor Biden will want a revolution, which they would be the target of if they win. We don't need a revolution and it is not going to happen. This country is not going to back one if they get baseball and football back, their kids in school and a return to normal life.

Hey guys, check out the First Amendment.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

We all love the First Amendment..."or the right of people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Peaceably to assemble. Some of these assemblies have not been peaceable. The First Amendment rights do not include violence or destructiveness.
You are correct that not all of them have been peaceful...but let's also make sure that we're not mistaking the actual protesters who are doing so peacefully, with opportunists looking to destroy or loot because they can OR those on the other side looking to make the protesters look non-peaceful. It has been documented in several cities that members of the Boogaloo group and Proud Boys (extreme right wing groups) have been involved in some of the looting and destruction mixed in with protesters. We know this because their very own chatter pages and chat rooms have detailed how they would infiltrate. And just like in LA in 1992, opportunists used the backdrop of the protests and outrage to start looting for personal gain. Those individuals need to be thumped. Some of the behavior of the federal agents in Portland needs to be checked. Armed services vets are being beaten and pepper sprayed. Video footage does not show them being aggressive at all. (Maybe there is before footage somewhere showing more, but it hasn't been made public yet).

I don't condone the violent parts but the number of actual protesters being violent is much less than what anybody wants to admit.

Reactions: astonmartin708
The Revolution exists only in your mind. When this is over in November neither Trump nor Biden will want a revolution, which they would be the target of if they win. We don't need a revolution and it is not going to happen. This country is not going to back one if they get baseball and football back, their kids in school and a return to normal life.
I don't think this is a revolution, but if incidents like this continue... you could be looking at one eventually. Hence, why I'm encouraging people to think critically about the issues and prevent negative outcomes in the future by opening their minds today.

If the confederacy had bit the bullet and allowed slavery to be abolished in the 1840's they might have come out further ahead than they did after hundreds of thousands of men died and millions of dollars were squandered on a lost cause.

If Chalres III had given the US more representation in the 1760's we might have remained in the dominion like Canada or Australia.

Last edited:
You are correct that not all of them have been peaceful...but let's also make sure that we're not mistaking the actual protesters who are doing so peacefully, with opportunists looking to destroy or loot because they can OR those on the other side looking to make the protesters look non-peaceful. It has been documented in several cities that members of the Boogaloo group and Proud Boys (extreme right wing groups) have been involved in some of the looting and destruction mixed in with protesters. We know this because their very own chatter pages and chat rooms have detailed how they would infiltrate. And just like in LA in 1992, opportunists used the backdrop of the protests and outrage to start looting for personal gain. Those individuals need to be thumped. Some of the behavior of the federal agents in Portland needs to be checked. Armed services vets are being beaten and pepper sprayed. Video footage does not show them being aggressive at all. (Maybe there is before footage somewhere showing more, but it hasn't been made public yet).

I don't condone the violent parts but the number of actual protesters being violent is much less than what anybody wants to admit.
Fact check: the Boogaloo group and Proud Boys are not listed by the FBI as a extremest group. The Southern Poverty Law Center funded by George Soros has listed them as extremest group. See list of Soros funded organizations and you will be able to see that 95% of the organizational structure behind the protest are run by one of his organizations to include BLM. https://thewillcountynews.com/insta...-of-u-s-organizations-funded-by-george-soros/

Fact check: the Boogaloo group and Proud Boys are not listed by the FBI as a extremest group. The Southern Poverty Law Center funded by George Soros has listed them as extremest group. See list of Soros funded organizations and you will be able to see that 95% of the organizational structure behind the protest are run by one of his organizations to include BLM. https://thewillcountynews.com/insta...-of-u-s-organizations-funded-by-george-soros/
Right now DOJ who oversees the FBI is a Trump puppet org. He would never list orgs that support him as terrorist or extremist. He lists them as "very fine people". You know the groups that carry Swastikas and Confederate Flags around to tout their white supremacist views. They're "very fine people". And the guys who bring semi-auto weapons to state capital buildings to threaten governors because of stay at home orders and mask mandates. "Very fine people". Trump lists BLM simply because to Trump black lives don't matter. They don't vote for him in big enough numbers or give enough to his campaign/personal slush fund for him to care.

If Chalres III had given the US more representation in the 1760's we might have remained in the dominion like Canada or Australia.
Maybe. The colonists were extremely submissive up until the Boston Massacre in 1770. Even without the representation they did not go start to rise up until after that event. It didn't help that George III would add a new tax to finance his ongoing wars with France and Spain OR anytime a representative of the colonies sent a strongly worded letter decrying the new tax.

And an incident like the Boston Massacre is where we are headed. Trump is doubling down on his Gestapo like Federal forces sending them to places that don't support him. Why? Because he doesn't care and he's also too freaking stupid to realize the optics hurt him in other places as well. He knows he isn't going to win in Oregon, NY or Illinois so he sees it as a nothing else to lose situation. But it looks bad in places like TX and GA where he is not polling as strongly as he did 4 years ago (it doesn't help there are idiot GOP governors in those places doubling down on the current COVID hoax stupidity). The Boston Massacre happened because protesters protesting the presence of British troops in the city of Boston had started pelting troops with snowballs and rocks (typical Boston snowball fight...stick rocks in the ice/slush balls). One antsy soldier fired a round that killed a kid and then the other soldiers believing a "fire" order had been given, opened up on the rest of the group killing 6 (official count is 5 but there is always one person whose death is unofficially attributed to the clash that some count and some don't because they don't know if he died as a direct result of a gun shot wound). It's going to happen in the current state of things. Some protester is going to get shot and killed because some SS guy grabs his service revolver instead of the pepper ball gun.

OK Kanye.
Alright Bueller! I’m sending you back to detention ;) The fact is, if more people shared your perspective, more people would be out in the streets protesting. Research the Arab Springs Movement and what factors you need in order to execute an effective Colour Revolution, then come back and we can have an educated discussion on how you accurately measure the majority and minority sentiment of a country. On a separate note, many people in this country want meaningful reform to the system but your perspectives lean Very much towards the complete replacement of our system instead of reform. The fact that you believe the majority of this country feels the same as most likely stems from you surrounding yourself with voices that echo the same sentiments. This assumption is not based on reality.

Last edited:
Right now DOJ who oversees the FBI is a Trump puppet org. He would never list orgs that support him as terrorist or extremist. He lists them as "very fine people". You know the groups that carry Swastikas and Confederate Flags around to tout their white supremacist views. They're "very fine people". And the guys who bring semi-auto weapons to state capital buildings to threaten governors because of stay at home orders and mask mandates. "Very fine people". Trump lists BLM simply because to Trump black lives don't matter. They don't vote for him in big enough numbers or give enough to his campaign/personal slush fund for him to care.
Fact Check: the FBI did not compile the list I provided. The sources are clearly marked and don’t originate from government however you can request to see Public corporate donations made to NGO’s through multiple government offices. Fact check #2. The FBI is run by Obama era loyalists and this has particularly been a point of contention as the revelations of Obamagate and the false Russian collusion charges brought by the FBI are exposed and pending criminal charges forthcoming. Fact check #3. Millions of Brown people voted for POTUS in 2016 and even more fine brown people will vote for him this time around too. The racist narrative has played itself out. This president has done more for the Black community than any president maybe ever as far as his economic policies like the creation of opportunity zones and criminal reform and it’s not even close. Not to mention that unemployment in the black community was at an all time low pre COVID as well as building a strong economy. Actions speak louder than words!

Fact Check: the FBI did not compile the list I provided. The sources are clearly marked and don’t originate from government however you can request to see Public corporate donations made to NGO’s through multiple government offices. Fact check #2. The FBI is run by Obama era loyalists and this has particularly been a point of contention as the revelations of Obamagate and the false Russian collusion charges brought by the FBI are exposed and pending criminal charges forthcoming. Fact check #3. Millions of Brown people voted for POTUS in 2016 and even more fine brown people will vote for him this time around too. The racist narrative has played itself out. This president has done more for the Black community than any president maybe ever as far as his economic policies like the creation of opportunity zones and criminal reform and it’s not even close. Not to mention that unemployment in the black community was at an all time low pre COVID as well as building a strong economy. Actions speak louder than words!

ZYE0kme.gif

tenor.gif

agDSpzv.gif

Reactions: TU_BLA
It's extremely ironic that this article would come out today:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...tes-it-just-didnt-help-republicans-until-now/

Note the 8 point support margin that Liberals have nationally, but the fact that it takes them that much to only slightly be favored to win the senate in the upcoming election.
If you believe any poll right now for either side I have some beachfront property on 11th and Harvard I would like to sell you. The silent majority is still in the process of making up their minds on who they will vote for and I predict the deciding factor will come down to who’s done what for me lately.

If you believe any poll right now for either side I have some beachfront property on 11th and Harvard I would like to sell you. The silent majority is still in the process of making up their minds on who they will vote for and I predict the deciding factor will come down to who’s done what for me lately.
Ugh, the silent majority has been the silent minority for a while now. The Republican Party has won the popular vote how many times in the past 30 years? Answer: Once.

Fact check: the head of the FBI is a political appointee confirmed by the Senate for a ten year term. The current Director was appointed by President Trump. He is one of the nation’s preeminent criminal lawyers. He also worked for his predecessor, James Comey, in the Justice Department, as well as Robert Mueller who he has called a mentor. Which made the accusations of a Saturday night massacre when firing Comey laughable.

Everybody else at the FBI is a career employee and a member of a union. Virtually none of them are Republicans, though a few are conservatives due to the nature of their work.

The same is true of ICE. The head is an R, but after that everyone in a position of authority in the organization is a career employee who has a long history of giving to the Obama Administration, who they view as more friendly on funding issues and allowed them to operate with less scrutiny by the White House staff and Congress/press/public.

Ugh, the silent majority has been the silent minority for a while now. The Republican Party has won the popular vote how many times in the past 30 years? Answer: Once.
The popular vote doesn't count. Its like crying after a baseball game you lost 3- 4 and saying you should have won because you had more hits.

The popular vote doesn't count. Its like crying after a baseball game you lost 3- 4 and saying you should have won because you had more hits.

The popular vote is what should count. It's what counts in literally every other election. There isn't an election in this nation for governor in this country where any votes are based upon how certain counties voted. To make arbitrary boundary designations of states and then giving each of the most sparsely populated ones a disproportionate amount of voting power is asinine. It would be like if a vote in Tulsa county was worth only 85% of a vote in Alfalfa County when you were voting for Governor the Senate.

It just means smaller landmasses (who tend to contribute less economically on average) are the ones who tend to pick the President. Stupid. There is no silent majority. There is just a broken constitution that favors a determined minority.

Last edited:
Again, the top ten states in population are split 5 and 5
The bottom ten states in population are split 5 and 5.

The popular vote is what should count. It's what counts in literally every other election. There isn't an election in this nation for governor in this country where one votes are based upon how certain counties voted. To make arbitrary boundary designations of states and then giving each of the most sparsely populated ones a disproportionate amount of voting power is asinine. It would be like if a vote in Tulsa county was worth only 85% of a vote in Alfalfa County when you were voting for Governor the Senate.

It just means smaller landmasses (who tend to contribute less economically on average) are the ones who tend to pick the President. Stupid. There is no silent majority. There is just a broken constitution that favors a determined minority.
Until you start passing legislation and executive regulations related to our national security like say the food supply and agriculture production. It’s like you get a morning email from someone who lists a bunch of ideas that seem smart on the surface but have no practical application or fails to articulate risks.

Reactions: shon46
Again, the top ten states in population are split 5 and 5
The bottom ten states in population are split 5 and 5.
That doesn't matter. What matters is that the large population states are being screwed in terms of voting power.

Hypothetically, If the 2/3rd of the population of the US moved to a random state, say Wyoming, tomorrow, and the other 1/3rd all moved to another random state, say Colorado, and you only left 3 people in the other 49 states (Including DC as 51) who represented their congressional delegation. If the 49 states with populations of 3 People voted with the one large state that only has approximately 1/3rd of the population... that voting block would represent ~262 Electoral College votes. That means that a party representing only a little over 33% of the population could theoretically control nearly 50% (48.69%) of the electoral college votes. That's simply unjust.

It's an antiquated viewpoint that states, created of massively uneven population densities and with arbitrary borders should be granted disproportionate voting power for an office that has nearly unbridled power to effect the entire population.

Last edited:
Change to popular vote: the campaign strategy is completely different.
Yeah... meaning, Republicans wouldn't just have to appeal to the lowest common denominator anymore. They would have to support policies that actually were supported by a majority of Americans. SUCH A NOVEL IDEA!

Yeah... meaning, Republicans wouldn't just have to appeal to the lowest common denominator anymore. They would have to support policies that actually were supported by a majority of Americans. SUCH A NOVEL IDEA!
Bueller, since when do your bat :crap: crazy ideas represent the majority? Your liberal views are not even close to being moderate!

Bueller, since when do your bat :crap: crazy ideas represent the majority? Your liberal views are not even close to being moderate!
I know that my ideas can be progressive. That doesn't mean that having a country (and more specifically two parties) that embrace more moderate ideals wouldn't be preferable to what we have now, which is a whipsaw between heavily conservative and heavily liberal every 8 years. Also, I think many of my ideals would be supported by the vast majority of Americans if they were just moderated slightly. They're just not supported by the politicians that are feeding them.

I think my most contentious stances are probably on Guns and on the Constitution's Inadequacy in Addressing Modern Problems. Besides that, I try to be pretty open minded to at least considering the objections of fiscal conservatives, business interests in regards to environmentalism / over regulation, and family values. My greatest desire would be for the country to learn how to compromise again. We seem to have forgotten that art.

Last edited:
I know that my ideas can be progressive. That doesn't mean that having a country (and more specifically two parties) that embrace more moderate ideals wouldn't be preferable to what we have now, which is a whipsaw between heavily conservative and heavily liberal every 8 years. Also, I think many of my ideals would be supported by the vast majority of Americans if they were just moderated slightly. They're just not supported by the politicians that are feeding them.

I think my most contentious stances are probably on Guns and on the Constitution's Inadequacy in Addressing Modern Problems. Besides that, I try to be pretty open minded to at least considering the objections of fiscal conservatives, business interests in regards to environmentalism / over regulation, and family values. My greatest desire would be for the country to learn how to compromise again. We seem to have forgotten that art.
compromise? we lost that the day hrc arrived in dc.

compromise? we lost that the day hrc arrived in dc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT