ADVERTISEMENT

2024?

Question is do the Republicans care to attract Independents like me. Trump or Trumpy is a non starter in that case. And I would be ripe for the picking versus Biden. Would probably vote Pence but never Trump or Jim Jordan. Unsure about DeSantis- have not followed him closely enough to know if he is full on arrogant ahole.

Looks like DeSantis or Trump with a lean toward DeSantis. Politics is a funny business though and weird things happen in primaries.

Will the Dems support Biden? Can’t imagine what he would be like 5-6 years down the road.

Question is do the Republicans care to attract Independents like me. Trump or Trumpy is a non starter in that case. And I would be ripe for the picking versus Biden. Would probably vote Pence but never Trump or Jim Jordan. Unsure about DeSantis- have not followed him closely enough to know if he is full on arrogant ahole.
You should be aware of him enough to know about the shipping of immigrants stunts?

You should be aware of him enough to know about the shipping of immigrants stunts?
Anyone who wins the Florida Governor’s race by 20 points is doing a lot of things right in that state and will be a major player should he decide to run.

Anyone who wins the Florida Governor’s race by 20 points is doing a lot of things right in that state and will be a major player should he decide to run.
Because someone gets elected to the governorship by 20 points, signifies that he did a lot of things politically right. It also can signify a state bias and/or a bad candidate for the other party. He will be a major player WHEN he runs. There isn't any doubt in my mind whether he and Trump will run.

Because someone gets elected to the governorship by 20 points, signifies that he did a lot of things politically right. It also can signify a state bias and/or a bad candidate for the other party. He will be a major player WHEN he runs. There isn't any doubt in my mind whether he and Trump will run.
Florida is a purple state and Crist was an ex governor with great name recognition. Hardly what I would consider a poor candidate. Pub primary could be a blood bath.

My mind is made up on Trump and Jordan being worse than nearly anything the Dems could put up.

DeSantis is definitely an arsewhole but I would hear him out before deciding. There are few if any politicians I really admire anyway.

Florida is a purple state and Crist was an ex governor with great name recognition. Hardly what I would consider a poor candidate. Pub primary could be a blood bath.
I wasn't saying those were all reasons why. I was saying they were the possible reasons why, in any state. I don't think Crist was a bad candidate at all.

I think Florida is tinging red, and moving away from purple. I've been to some rural areas in Florida in the late 90's. The kinds of people there don't change overnight. They were pretty much red then. It's obviously the metropolitan areas that caused them to be purple. As of late, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, and Gainesville have been what turned them purple. They won house seats in Miami & Orlando.(Demos)

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
when will trump actually be convivted in a real court of something?
Courts move so fast, can't imagine why it's taking so long.(Especially with Trump and all his acolytes doing their best to speed the process along.)

conviction?
Of course there is not a conviction yet, they haven't even got through discovery. The court case just got started, and Trump is doing all he can to delay. They only raided Maralago in August. You act like it's all an extension of the impeachment trial.

Of course there is not a conviction yet, they haven't even got through discovery. The court case just got started, and Trump is doing all he can to delay. They only raided Maralago in August. You act like it's all an extension of the impeachment trial.
7 years of investigations, speculation, and accusations. But no real charges, no real court rooms, no real trials, no real juries,.

hillary exposed thousands of secret documents. Comey even said so and she walked.

hillary exposed thousands of secret documents. Comey even said so and she walked.
She exposed some secret documents in thousands(2k) of her emails not she exposed thousands of secret documents. Get your facts straight. They couldn't prove intent because most of the secret documents were sent to her by aids and the C mark was buried within the email instead of at the top. It does not matter if one agrees with the end result, you don't not investigate anybody else for similar situations.

It took them 3 years to ask for the documents, receive the documents, and investigate the situation with Hillary.(before they declared there was no intent) That process has not reached that point with Trump yet. You don't stop short, because we 'didn't get a guilty verdict' with Clinton.

The requests were made, & remade several times for a little over a year and a half, for Trump's documents. The investigation only started 3 or 4 months ago because they were forced to search his residence. Clinton didn't make as many attempts to delay or evade the investigation. So it could take longer with Trump. I wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if this investigation was not finished till the end of next year. You don't let this go, whether the person is Republican or Democrat, or someone 'supposedly got away with it' from one party or another.

And if you want to keep going back to Hillary this and Hillary that, then give them somewhere around the same amount of time with Trump, as they had with Hillary. That will once again be the end of next year.

I wasn't saying those were all reasons why. I was saying they were the possible reasons why, in any state. I don't think Crist was a bad candidate at all.

I think Florida is tinging red, and moving away from purple. I've been to some rural areas in Florida in the late 90's. The kinds of people there don't change overnight. They were pretty much red then. It's obviously the metropolitan areas that caused them to be purple. As of late, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, and Gainesville have been what turned them purple. They won house seats in Miami & Orlando.(Demos)
I think DeSantis winning Miami-Dade is a strong lead indicator of his leadership and ability to attract centrist and moderate democrats.

Biden performing poorly thus far definitely helped him though too.

I'm a registered Republican but if Trump is the nominee for 2024 I won't be voting for him. If it ends up Biden v Trump, which as of now I don't think it will, I don't know that I'll vote at all. Biden has been ineffective and well I don't think I need to type out my disdain for Trump.

Note: Not arguing with the points you made GMoney just adding a couple of observations of my own.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The circus is about to get started. John Bolton is considering a 2024 run to help keep Trump out of office. He could be a foil to make Trump look foolish. Bolton wouldn't hold back any punches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT