ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Looking forward...

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Just saw that all of the seniors outside of the 3 draft entrants (Collins, Smith, Taylor) will be returning. This includes some huge returnees like Sleep, Big Cat, Cullen Wick, Sam Crawford, Josh Johnson, Akeyleb Evans, Robert Revels, Allie Green, Dylan Couch, Cristian Williams (for a 7th year).

Many of these kids could have chosen to move in this season but they chose to come back and give it one last go.

This easily has to be Monty’s best returning team since he’s been at TU.

Just saw that all of the seniors outside of the 3 draft entrants (Collins, Smith, Taylor) will be returning. This includes some huge returnees like Sleep, Big Cat, Cullen Wick, Sam Crawford, Josh Johnson, Akeyleb Evans, Robert Revels, Allie Green, Dylan Couch, Cristian Williams (for a 7th year).

Many of these kids could have chosen to move in this season but they chose to come back and give it one last go.

This easily has to be Monty’s best returning team since he’s been at TU.
This defense is going to be scary good

Have we ever figured out the severity of his injury? In multiple opportunities he hasn’t shown any ability to throw the ball.
But you call the guy who put him at QB2 as a great evaluator of talent?

Don't forget we also get back intended starters Shamari Brooks, Yohance Burnett, and X'Zavea Gadlin. Not to mention the 2 OSU transfers that could be a factor. Grayson Boomer and

Reactions: quincy101
Don't forget we also get back intended starters Shamari Brooks, Yohance Burnett, and X'Zavea Gadlin. Not to mention the 2 OSU transfers that could be a factor. Grayson Boomer and
You are missing a couple of names on the starters, Mays & Alonso.

Here's an update on returnees from The Tulsa World today(but hardly the final authority): Sam Crawford & Josh Johnson were not listed as returning(really hope the TW is wrong on these two); Tiller Bucktrot with a bunch of experience is returning on the O-Line, as are Zach Long(who really got his stuff together on FG's-finally) and Adam Higuera as deep snapper-a really important position where he was excellent. In addition, Josh Stewart, Treyvon Reeves and especially TieNeal Martin( Ohhhhh-did this kid come on strong last season or what) will all return. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Reactions: HuffyCane
Here's an update on returnees from The Tulsa World today(but hardly the final authority): Sam Crawford & Josh Johnson were not listed as returning(really hope the TW is wrong on these two); Tiller Bucktrot with a bunch of experience is returning on the O-Line, as are Zach Long(who really got his stuff together on FG's-finally) and Adam Higuera as deep snapper-a really important position where he was excellent. In addition, Josh Stewart, Treyvon Reeves and especially TieNeal Martin( Ohhhhh-did this kid come on strong last season or what) will all return. TU Football: 1st,last,always!
Johnson and Crawford weren’t already seniors. They were juniors last season, so I’m guessing they were assumed to come back in that article.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and LMGRA
Johnson and Crawford weren’t already seniors. They were juniors last season, so I’m guessing they were assumed to come back in that article.
Yes your correct and from there twitter accounts they are both coming back

2020, and now 2021, are strange enough. Now we are living in Bizarro World. I’m actually looking forward to football season, even though Monty remains, and dreading basketball season. WTH??

I worry that Monty insists that all of the upper class returners start. They might not necessarily be the best players at their given position. The one that is worrisome to me is Long. He had a good year and maybe he can get better, but he's extremely limited. His leg strength is below average for this level. His range on FGs is likely 42-44 yards. He can't reach the end zone on a kick off and with using slower players on ST so we don't risk injuries to 2 deep guys, we risk having kickoffs returned every single time. I am still not sure why Tipton didn't at least draw kickoff duty. The kid has 70 yards off a tee every time. Or maybe we can teach the punter of the glorious mullet fame who can both run and tackle how to kick the ball off a tee for kickoffs. I remember Cole Way kicking the ball 75 yards almost every time.

As for Seth Boomer...if he tore his ACL (which I think is what his injury was), he won't be ready to play (full contact and speed) by the start of camp. TBH, the starting position comes down to Brin and Braxton. Roman might get a shot to show what he can do (and I hear he's got a good arm and accuracy), but I think Monty is ride or die with those 2 guys.

BTW, we are also needing to replace 2 position coaches. In addition to Jermial Ashley, the Cincinnati Bengals just hired Justin Hill as their RBs coach.

Monty has had a pretty good track record of hiring assistants. (If only he would / could get an OC)

As long as we keep our DC I’m happy though.

• Haha
Reactions: HuffyCane
I believe that Monty put Long on scholarship for his last year of eligibility. If that is the case he will for sure be the starter. I think when they did the senior reintroductions for the seniors they did not include any walk on that were staying and Long was included in those graphics.
I’m not sure about Boomer’s injury however if he is medically cleared I would believe Monty will start him as well.

Just received an email from Levit about goings on at TU. Sounds like the Presidential search committee is in its final stages of identifying the finalists and then making a decision. This can't come soon enough.

And if Boomer is the starter, I will not watch a single game next season. I won't renew my tickets...I'll just be done. We already know Brin has more capabilities in him from just a quarter and a half of football than Boomer has from observing the 3-4 starts and fill in opportunities he's had due to injuries and not mop-up duty.

Reactions: TU 1978
Looking at the state of our two major sports, which situation with coachesls is better for us.

Losing coaches, but winning games or
Keeping coaches, but losing games.

Just received an email from Levit about goings on at TU. Sounds like the Presidential search committee is in its final stages of identifying the finalists and then making a decision. This can't come soon enough.

And if Boomer is the starter, I will not watch a single game next season. I won't renew my tickets...I'll just be done. We already know Brin has more capabilities in him from just a quarter and a half of football than Boomer has from observing the 3-4 starts and fill in opportunities he's had due to injuries and not mop-up duty.
I understand your frustration. I think I’ll be more frustrated if Boomer sits and Braxton appears to be the third coming of Chad President.

I just can’t imagine it not being Brin based on what little we’ve seen from practice highlights and Tulane. If it’s not, the ego on Montgomery is even more massive than we thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT