ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis 2020 TU Position Preview -- OFFENSIVE LINE

The only change is Gadlin sitting out, and our story has been edited. Just meant Bivens and Couch didn't have to battle for one spot...Bivens is at LG and Couch is at RG.
Wow/Yikes! I either didn't know or forgot about Gadlin. That makes a thin OL even thinner. Now our only experienced OL sub is Bucktrot. The rest are all freshman. That doesn't make me too confident in our OL being any better than last year. In fact because of depth, I'm concerned it will be weaker overall. Seems like we lost somebody early, that was important to the OL last year, just like losing Gadlin this year. Not good.

Wow/Yikes! I either didn't know or forgot about Gadlin. That makes a thin OL even thinner. Now our only experienced OL sub is Bucktrot. The rest are all freshman. That doesn't make me too confident in our OL being any better than last year. In fact because of depth, I'm concerned it will be weaker overall. Seems like we lost somebody early, that was important to the OL last year, just like losing Gadlin this year. Not good.
The good thing is it happened at a spot with depth. Bivens and Couch were battling for the other starting guard spot...now they'll both start. And don't forget about juco transfer James Middleton...he has more experience than the freshmen...but there are some quality RS freshmen.

The good thing is it happened at a spot with depth. Bivens and Couch were battling for the other starting guard spot...now they'll both start. And don't forget about juco transfer James Middleton...he has more experience than the freshmen...but there are some quality RS freshmen.
Thanks for reminding me. I hadn't remembered to put Middleton on my personal depth chart. That helps that I forgot him.

I really thought Bucktrot would be a stud based on high school hype. He’s been a quality teammate, not a bust by any stretch, but I thought we would be discussing why he wasn’t named all conference last year by this point.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I really thought Bucktrot would be a stud based on high school hype. He’s been a quality teammate, not a bust by any stretch, but I thought we would be discussing why he wasn’t named all conference last year by this point.

We've had a couple of three of those over the last few years.

Reactions: HuffyCane
This must be at least a month or so old.....
It's actually up to date as of a couple days ago. Check the edited version with full depth chart...

LEFT TACKLELEFT GUARDCENTERRIGHT GUARDRIGHT TACKLE
Tyler SmithDante BivensGerard WheelerDylan CouchChris Paul
Jaden Muskrat orTiller BucktrotDylan CouchChester BaahJeremy Jones or
James MiddletonIsaiah WrightGabe CantuIsaiah WrightDillon Wade

Looking back at the highlights from the last 4 games last season, Tyler Smith really played well for a True Freshman. Chris Paul was pretty decent as well but I didn't see much mobility from him. I'll be very interested to see how he is able to seal the edge next year as a Right Tackle.

All of those guys on the depth chart have the right size to play their positions. I think it's going to be very important for the youngsters to get good coaching. We had so much trouble early last season dealing with stunts, twists, etc...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT