ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Softball Thread

Barlass

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2004
New season kicked off today with a win over Tennessee Tech (10-2) in Georgia. Next game is in an hour or so against EKU with another double header scheduled for tomorrow.

Should be another good season. We received a couple of votes in the pre-season polls.

Reactions: loca2874 and TU1NNJ
Also believe we were picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in AAC which should be good enough for another NCAA bid.

Won game 2, 5-2 over the Colonels. Some good stuff with the bats already. Hasn’t always been the case with even the best TU teams and hitting early in the season. Granted it’s against some dreg teams but we’ve laid eggs in games like this the last 2-3 seasons early on.

My hopes for this season:
1) NCAA berth
2) Not having to listen to how awful the program is from SoftballDad while consistently winning and playing for regional championships year after year

Reactions: loca2874
Could be an interesting year. New head coach for the first time in a long time. Although she has been with the program for awhile. Lost some key players. But this is the one sport that has been consistently good and always have been able to look forward to being in the NCAA tournament year in and out. We will be right there again this year

Reactions: TU4ever2 and TU1NNJ
Also believe we were picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in AAC which should be good enough for another NCAA bid.

Won game 2, 5-2 over the Colonels. Some good stuff with the bats already. Hasn’t always been the case with even the best TU teams and hitting early in the season. Granted it’s against some dreg teams but we’ve laid eggs in games like this the last 2-3 seasons early on.

My hopes for this season:
1) NCAA berth
2) Not having to listen to how awful the program is from SoftballDad while consistently winning and playing for regional championships year after year

The same Softball dad who complained non-stop about our head coach then trashed the school for not keeping him around?

The same Softball dad who complained non-stop about our head coach then trashed the school for not keeping him around?
I know...I just don't want to listen to his negativity. We have issues in other athletic programs where it is easy to be negative based solely on the W/L record and some of that negativity would be justified. I never understood the negativity towards softball that consistently played at a top 25 level the last 10 years or so.

I think his kid, friends kid, or whatever toxic kid was on the team is gone now so with any luck, last year was the last time we will hear from him

I think his kid, friends kid, or whatever toxic kid was on the team is gone now so with any luck, last year was the last time we will hear from him
I believe that kid left several months before, and he was still posting. Hopefully he will have lost interest. But if we crash & burn this season, I will guarantee you he will be back to gloat for at least a minute. He may be back just because he is an ass with nothing better to do though.

So I know we have a new coach. What’s the outlook for the players this year? How’s our pitching?

So I know we have a new coach. What’s the outlook for the players this year? How’s our pitching?
Pitching will be fine. Delce and Pochop can really spin it from the circle. So far the bats look better than last year. Seemingly lots of power. I think 5 HRs so far. Delce has a couple already. Usually this time of year pitching is ahead of hitting as players try to get their timing against live pitching down. We seem to be doing fine. I know it’s not great co petition but not dumb games dropped yet and we seem to do that a couple of times a year.

Delce coming out strong with 3 home-runs in 4 games. Pochop with a 0.0 era in 6+ innings pitched. This could be a pretty nice season. I want to see us clean up defensively from last year. We weren't bad by any means but a few costly errors got us late in the season. A few errors ruled hits got us as well. Bobbled balls that if fielded cleanly could have had a shot at the runner. We clean those up and keep hot on the mound and in the box...we are looking at a top 10/15 team

The Miss St game will be our first true look to see how good we could be imo. I believe they are 6-0. No real notable wins but didnt have much trouble in any of their games

Looks like Miss St game is not on ESPN+ but on secn+ network. When I log into my ESPN+ account its not there and only gives me an 8 minute preview.

Looks like Miss St game is not on ESPN+ but on secn+ network. When I log into my ESPN+ account its not there and only gives me an 8 minute preview.

It's working for me. There are only two cameras and the graphic shows us as "TSU"

Ill try again but it keeps telling me its not espn+. Love the way we are playing, true small ball. Walks, singles, sacrifices, and taking advantage of mistakes (wild pitch)

Ill try again but it keeps telling me its not espn+. Love the way we are playing, true small ball. Walks, singles, sacrifices, and taking advantage of mistakes (wild pitch)
It's not ESPN+. Go to the regular ESPN site, click the SEC Network and search under softball and you can find the game score on the left hand side. Click "Watch" and it may ask you to log in with your cable/satellite account.

Reactions: TUcandoit
It's working for me. There are only two cameras and the graphic shows us as "TSU"

Hmm just tried again, it is trying to make me log into a tv provider. I only have access to + with the disney account. So you must be signed in under your tv provider?

It's not ESPN+. Go to the regular ESPN site, click the SEC Network and search under softball and you can find the game score on the left hand side. Click "Watch" and it may ask you to log in with your cable/satellite account.

Ignore post above, sent at about the same time I saw your reply. Yeah I figured it wasn't espn+. A few comments above mine someone mentioned it would be on +. I do not have a cable/satellite subscription so I have access only through + from my disney account.

Oh, sorry. All of the espn+ and espn3 stuff is lumped together on my app. I saw the plus on sec+ and figured it was apart of the espn+ package. My bad.

Ignore post above, sent at about the same time I saw your reply. Yeah I figured it wasn't espn+. A few comments above mine someone mentioned it would be on +. I do not have a cable/satellite subscription so I have access only through + from my disney account.
Sorry. Yes, I'm logged in through my DirectTV acct. I'm shocked ESPN doesn't have a stand alone app subscription that is a combo of the network and the +

Yeah they really need to separate it because it is very confusing on how it all works. Good thing is they have a pretty nice gamecast on the statbroadcast site so I am keeping up nicely!

It was on espn + at the very beginning. It must of moved to sec +. I closed out of my app to change rooms and now I cant watch the rest of since I dont get sec+

2-0 TU headed into the bottom of the 5th. TU chased the starter. Delce in the circle for TU is battling pretty nicely.

Run production has been anemic in this tournament. 30 innings played, 6 runs scored. Down 1 to Tenn St in the bottom of the 10th.

Everyone loses games, just wasnt expecting it to be this one. Tennessee st is not good at all. We will be in the consolation game tomorrow more then likely again North Alabama

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT