ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Softball 5 Conference weekends with Oklahoma in the middle

If you're accurate then so what, transfers happen all the time. Just because you know about a transfer or even two doesn't mean your read on the team, atmosphere, coaching staff is correct. It only means you got the insight on one or two transfers, and one or two of them might be part of the possible bad core of players you have been driveling about. Good for them, they can go where they are happy and help the team by not being where they are not happy. I'm through playing with you, messing with you was fun, but the amusement has dissipated and I'm bored.

Last edited:
ok...great..you explain how virtually the same team is so bad? There isnt a bad core of players...THE COACHES ARE FLAT ASS GARBAGE THAT NEEDS TO GO TO THE DUMPSTER...i would call them dog:crap: but it does a disservice to good dogs

Aww the snowflake is back! When he loses he calls everyone a liberal....just like a liberal.

Weekend Results 1-2
Friday L 2-0

Tulsa 0 Runs 3 Hits 0 Errors 1 LOB
Houston 2 Runs 7 Hits 0 Errors 7 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth 2-3
Pitching:
Emily Watson 6 innings 2 Runs 7 Hits 2 BB 8 K
Saturday L 2-3
Tulsa 2 Runs 5 Hits 0 Errors 4 LOB
Houston 3 Runs 8 Hits 1 Error 11 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth Doubled
Haley Meinen and Shannon Hughes both Homered
Pitching:
Samantha Pochop 5 Innings 3 Runs 7 Hits 4 BB 1 HBP and 6 K
Madison Higley 1 Innings 0 Runs 1 Hit 1 BB 0 K
Sunday W 7-2
Tulsa 7 Runs 12 Hits 1 Error 9 LOB
Houston 2 Runs 5 Hits 2 Errors 4 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth 3 for 4
Morgan Neal 3 for 4
Shelby Estocado 2 for 4 with a Double 2 RBI
Marisa Olmos 2 for 4 with 2 RBI
Pitching:
Emily Watson 7 Innings 2 Runs 5 Hits 2 BB and 5 K

Around the Conference:
Wichita State swept UCF 3-0
ECU took the series 2-1 from USF
Memphis took the series from UConn 2-1

Standings:
USF 10-5
Wichita State 9-6
Memphis 8-7
Houston 8-7
UCF 8-7
Tulsa 7-8
ECU 7-8
UConn 3-12

Tulsa goes to Memphis this next weekend (then UConn at home)

Aww the snowflake is back! When he loses he calls everyone a liberal....just like a liberal.

Liberal..lol..thats me...So all you smart Tulsa fans and this coaching staff lackeys...this team was pre-season top 22...1st in American..currently, 6th in a bad league...nowhere near top 40...what happened?..who is at fault? 8 returning starters and top 15 pitcher...come on now..u want to trash me..what the hell happened? From pre-season top 22 to no regional...this will be funny hearing all the excuses from old ass men who never played anything in college

Wow, you guys can pee really far!
<eyes roll> Moving on.

This seasons not over and I fully expect Tulsa to be in a regional.
Right now 3 games separate 7 of the 8 teams with 6 games (2 weeks) remaining in season.
And the current 7th team just took 2 of 3 from the 1st team last week.
Regular season seeds the conference tournament and the tournament winner is the automatic bid
With the addition of Wichita State making 8 teams, the number one seed no longer gets a first round bye.
If my memory serves The American usually is a 1 or 2 bid conference, but this year there are 4 teams with RPI of 50 or over, Wichita State, Southern FL, Houston, and Tulsa at 50.
This week
Central Florida at Southern Florida
Houston at Connecticut
Wichita State at East Carolina
Tulsa at Memphis

Tulsa is 7-8 in conference 27-20 overall
Memphis is 8-7 in conference 34-16 overall
Memphis won the series with Wichita State 2-1; Tulsa also was 2-1
They won the series with East Carolina 2-1; Tulsa swept 3-0
They lost the series with Southern Florida 1-2; Tulsa also went 1-2
They lost the series with Central Florida 1-2; Tulsa was swept 0-3

As a team Memphis leads the conference in several offensive categories including Batting Average and Runs scored
Tulsa leads the conference in Strikeouts and Defense

Game Times
Friday 5:00
Saturday 2:00
Sunday Noon

Last edited:
Weekend results 1-2
Friday L 0-3

Tulsa 0 Runs 2 Hits 0 Errors 6 LOB
Memphis 3 Runs 6 Hits 0 Errors 5 LOB
Hitting:
Shannon Hughes Doubled
Pitching:
Emily Watson 6 Innings 3 Runs 6 Hits 2 BB 5 K
Saturday: L 0-3
Tulsa 0 Runs 3 Hits 0 Errors 4 LOB
Memphis 3 Runs 7 Hits 0 Errors 4 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth 2 for 3 with a Double
Pitching:
Samantha Pochop (L) 3 Innings 3 Runs 2 ER 4 Hits 0 BB and 1 K
Madison Higley 3 Inning 0 Runs 3 Hits 1 BB and 1 K
Sunday W 5 -2
Tulsa 5 Runs 8 Hits 0 Errors 6 LOB
Memphis 2 Runs 6 Hits 2 Errors 8 LOB
Hitting:
Shelby Estocado was 2 for 3 and stole a base
Mikayla Whitten was 2 for 2 and stole a base
Julia Hollingsworth and Rylie Spell Homered
Pitching:
Emily Watson 7 Innings 2 Runs 6 Hits 4 BB and 10 K

Around the conference:
USF went 2-1 with USF
Wichita State went 2-1 with ECU
Houston with 2-1 with UConn

Standings now:
USF 12-6
Wichita State 11-7
Memphis 10-8
Houston 10-8
UCF 9-9
Tulsa 8-10
UCU 8-10
UConn 4-14

Next Weekend
Wichita State goes to USF
Memphis goes to Houston
ECU goes to UCF
UConn comes to Tulsa

Liberal..lol..thats me...So all you smart Tulsa fans and this coaching staff lackeys...this team was pre-season top 22...1st in American..currently, 6th in a bad league...nowhere near top 40...what happened?..who is at fault? 8 returning starters and top 15 pitcher...come on now..u want to trash me..what the hell happened? From pre-season top 22 to no regional...this will be funny hearing all the excuses from old ass men who never played anything in college

There's no doubt we haven't played well. Very disappointing season thus far. However, you need to give credit to last years conference championship and regional performance if you're going to go after the "coaching staff lackeys" who were responsible for that lofty #22 preseason ranking. Great year last year. Below average and expectations this year. Still a lot of softball left to be played. As of last week we were in the projected tourney field. Need to finish strong and make some noise in the conference tourney and regional. TU is still a dangerous team with Watson on the mound.

There's no doubt we haven't played well. Very disappointing season thus far. However, you need to give credit to last years conference championship and regional performance if you're going to go after the "coaching staff lackeys" who were responsible for that lofty #22 preseason ranking. Great year last year. Below average and expectations this year. Still a lot of softball left to be played. As of last week we were in the projected tourney field. Need to finish strong and make some noise in the conference tourney and regional. TU is still a dangerous team with Watson on the mound.
Exactly. Losing 2 of 3 with little offense this weekend probably means this team needs to win out to make the tournament. Who knows, maybe TU gets an at large nod over another similar team because of the way they played OU last year being the only real challenge OU faced throughout the NCAA tournament. Sooners really clobbered everyone in the super regional and CWS after they squeaked past us. Maybe that history gives us an edge...sort of like Syracuse always making the NCAA basketball tournament with an average team.

TU is no longer in the projected tourney field as of 5-1. Need to finish strong.

Weekend results 2-1
Friday W 3-0

UConn 0 Runs 4 Hits 1 Error 4 LOB
Tulsa 3 Runs 6 Hits 0 Errors 6 LOB
Hitting:
Morgan Neal 2 for 3 and a Stolen Base
Mikayla Whitten 2 for 3 and a Stolen Base
Pitching:
Emily Watson 7 Innings 4 Hits 0 Runs 0 BB and 11 K 2 WP

Saturday L 1-3
UConn 3 Runs 5 Hits 1 Error 5 LOB
Tulsa 1 Run 5 Hits 0 Errors 5 LOB
Hitting Morgan Neal 2 for 3
Julia Hollingsworth and Shannon Hughes both Tripled
Pitching:
Madison Higley 6 Innings 5 Hits 3 Runs 2 BB 0 K 1 WP
Samantha Pochop 1 Inning 0 Hits 0 Runs 0 BB 2 K 1 WP

Sunday W 4-0
UConn 0 Runs 1 Hit 1 Error 0 LOB
Tulsa 4 Hits 7 Hits 0 Errors 4 LOB
Hitting:
Julia Hollingsworth and Ashely Kiser both Doubled
Pitching:
Emily Watson 7 Innings 1 Hit 0 Runs 0 BB and 14 K

Whitten was the most improved player this year. I like her hustle and quick bat.
Next year could be a break out year for her and Briers. Stafford and Meinen disappeared.
Future forecast??? Bleak...

I know you guys think I'm full of it but maybe u can see now I have been right...Olmos gone after year..Kosmata gone already...I know parents of a big starter are trying their best to get their kid to leave...it will be a close call according to the parent....you cannot continue to miss class after class and be good....JB is checked out and frankly lost control of team..plays favorites and is losing respect...Strimple pouts around is despised by the players..its a bad situation getting worse

The only big starter I would hate to see leave is Hollingsworth. Maybe Neil.
The rest could be swapped out and no one even notice.

Last edited:
I won't give that away because it's more parents not the kid...I wouldn't trade out any jrs...who would catch next yr? Meinen will be only 1 if 3 returnees over .300...if it's Hollingsworth who would replace .380...if it's Neil that would mean you lose 3rd, ss and 2nd...not good...they have no replacements..he is begging transfers because he failed recruiting..

They don't even have another catcher on campus after Olmos and Kosmata leave..As I said Kosmata gone, Olmos leaving after season ends which will be some point this week

I recall one freshman coming in may be a catcher. But losing 2 creates a hole.
I think Kosmata was recruited over for what ever reason. Never seen her
catch. Olmos has strange quirky bad habits throwing the ball. Catcher must
get rid of the ball now. Might miss her bat.

2 walkon coming that are catchers..no scholarship players...more kids would like to leave...only a few would have options...

I don't blame a girl for sticking it out for a free ride even if they don't play.
But it is probably better to move on to find greener pasture

Agreed, but if all left who really wanted and had a decent d1 offer there wouldnt be enough to field team with current players..

I believe the staff missed out on a local player this year who could have really helped them. Had numerous offers ranging from Ivy League, AAC and a few P5s. Oh...her dad was a TU grad btw.

They missed out on lots of Oklahoma kids...they are offering kids without seeing them..there are 2 this yr that they signed without ever watching them play live..only tape and a referral..thats just crazy...imo, that's why they have had so many transfers in last few yrs..

Well...they’re going to have the opportunity to see this girl in person at least three games a year now for the next four.

Imo she is very fortunate to have gone elsewhere knowing what I know...some that cant or shouldn't be on a message board

Accurate or not, most of what you were posting shouldn't be on a message board.

Aside from your crassness, that is what most on this message board found inappropriate. And you still continue to do so. There are people in the know who post about football and basketball who could accurately say some things of a similar nature to some of your posts, but don't. They are very aware that it's not kosher. Though the board in general might want to know what they know, the general readership of this board also understands it's not the appropriate place to be broadcasting this crap.

Last edited:
Well I disagree, I withhold alot of stuff that is too personal to a player or coach...but I understand your side

I don't blame a girl for sticking it out for a free ride even if they don't play.
But it is probably better to move on to find greener pasture
There are almost no full ride scholarships awarded in softball. They only get like 11 or so for a roster of 20-24. I've been thinking about how difficult it is for TU and other private schools to recruit good-great players in non-equivalency sports like softball and soccer because you have to rely on the fact that the player is able to secure the remaining financial aid/payment for 4 years to cover what their athletic scholarship does not. This is why you see a ton of the great local soccer players (women) going to Arkansas. They get in state tuition and it's in the SEC.

Tulsa gets 12 ships and has a 18 player roster. Assuming all those players are on some type of ship that would be 6 full rides and 12 half ships or any combination thereof. TU can also give financial aid to supplement those ships so we should be able to provide most of those players with full or close to full rides. Private schools are generally fairly competitive in the partial ship sports.

ADVERTISEMENT