ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Summary - articles, videos, Hot Lists, visits, Jr Days, etc.

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
The following posts are just a SAMPLE of our 2018 Tulsa football recruiting coverage. Don't miss all the inside scoop on Tulsa football -- Start getting your daily fill of Golden Hurricane news with a subscription to ITS. Our Hurricane Alley forum is the only place on the planet with daily news and discussion on TU athletics.

Also, keep an eye on our Front page.

From December 2016...

Norton (KS) quarterback Jace Ruder has been on Tulsa’s radar for quite some time. The Golden Hurricane was the first FBS school to extend a scholarship to the class of 2018 standout back on June 5th, and Inside Tulsa Sports singled him out as our 2018 Prospect to Watch in the recent issue of Hurricane Elite Magazine.

On Thursday, December 22, just three days after Tulsa dominated Central Michigan 55-10 in the Miami Beach Bowl, Ruder became the first commitment in the Hurricane’s 2018 recruiting class.

FULL STORY: 3-star QB kickstarts Tulsa's 2018 class

Tulsa Football has offered approximately 50 prospects in the class of 2018 so far, including several in the first three weeks of March. The Golden Hurricane currently has three commitments in the class, including one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation. The following is a look at the 2018 recruits that have picked up offers from TU this month.

LINK: New TU offers

Almost 80 prospects from the 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes showed up for Tulsa Football's junior day last Saturday. Twelve of those recruits are being recruited by the Hurricane as running backs, including Shreveport (LA) Woodlawn's Trivenskey Mosley, who already holds an offer from TU.

LINK: RBs at junior day

Of the almost 80 prospects from the 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes that showed up for Tulsa Football's junior day last Saturday, eleven are being recruited by Tulsa at tight end, wide receiver or athlete, including League City (TX) Clear Springs wideout Peyton Sawyer, who reported an offer from TU last week.

LINK: Receivers & Athletes at Jr Day

Tulsa Football held a large prospect camp on Friday, and by the end of the evening, the Golden Hurricane came away with a commitment from a Texas linebacker.

6-foot-3 and 195-pound Grant Sawyer of Argyle (TX) Liberty Christian has been on the TU campus several times. After a strong performance in front of Hurricane coaches, he picked up a scholarship offer and quickly committed.

LINK: Sawyer discusses commitment

Reese Mason became the second 2018 linebacker to commit to Tulsa over the past two days when he announced his decision on Twitter early Saturday morning. Mason played quarterback for Magnolia (TX) this spring after a stellar junior season as a wide receiver in 2016. The 6-foot-2 and 190-pound athlete was offered by Tulsa as a linebacker on Friday after attending camp.

LINK: Mason discusses his decision

Tulsa Football currently has ten commitments in the 2018 recruiting class. Many of those are off to a fast start with their respective teams and have already put up big numbers early in the season. The following is a look at the performances thus far of all ten Golden Hurricane commits.

LINK: Tulsa Commit Tracker

@Chris Harmon Just saw the tweet about an offer to Kendarin Ray. I know he's playing QB for his team, but I am assuming we are looking at him as a WR or a DB. He looks big and pretty fast as well as a strong runner. Do we know what TU coaches are thinking with him?

@Chris Harmon Just saw the tweet about an offer to Kendarin Ray. I know he's playing QB for his team, but I am assuming we are looking at him as a WR or a DB. He looks big and pretty fast as well as a strong runner. Do we know what TU coaches are thinking with him?
Yes...he's a kid I've been following...I created a profile for him earlier this week, as I knew TU coaches were going to his high school. Tulsa is actually recruiting him as a cover safety (free safety). He is in the 2018 Hot List article I just put on the front page.

Yes...he's a kid I've been following...I created a profile for him earlier this week, as I knew TU coaches were going to his high school. Tulsa is actually recruiting him as a cover safety (free safety). He is in the 2018 Hot List article I just put on the front page.
I can see that. With that in mind he could show the same type of range in that position that Dex showed with a touch more speed.

Tulsa Football currently has 14 commitments and will eventually add approximately eight more to its 2018 recruiting class. Most of those additions will come on the defensive side of the ball, as TU still has holes to fill on the defensive line, at linebacker and in the defensive backfield.

LINK: Tulsa's Top Prospects on Defense
The Denbow kid seems under-recruited. What's the knock on him? 4 INTs is pretty stellar for 16 game season and he did it in 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT