ADVERTISEMENT

1A

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
You want to talk about movements intent on subverting the ideals of first amendment....

If you can't see that this type of rhetoric pushes the boundaries of the establishment clause (and it's precedented interpretation by the SC), then you have something wrong with you. Not that the SC finds any merit in precedent these days...

Imagine how you would feel about this if you were Muslim, Hindi, Jewish, Non-Christian Native American, Atheist etc... Using every "authority as governor" to not only dedicate State owned land to a deity you may not believe in.... but also the land that YOU OWN to a god you don't believe in.

Last edited:
I consider myself agnostic and it doesn’t really bother me one way or another. Now if the government began to force things upon me directly related to Oklahoma being “the state of Jesus” I would certainly have issues. Don’t like the stupid speech but don’t really see how it affects me.

Now forcing me to take a vaccine which we knew didn’t significantly reduce my odds of infection in order to keep my job is something to be outraged about.

I consider myself agnostic and it doesn’t really bother me one way or another. Now if the government began to force things upon me directly related to Oklahoma being “the state of Jesus” I would certainly have issues. Don’t like the stupid speech but don’t really see how it affects me.

Now forcing me to take a vaccine which we knew didn’t significantly reduce my odds of infection in order to keep my job is something to be outraged about.
The thing is.... they DO force things on you related to Oklahoma being the "state of Jesus"....

How many car dealerships are open on Sundays my friend? Special privilege for faith based charter institutions? Sure.... just as long as it's not a Muslim charter institution.... that wouldn't fly in Oklahoma. Teaching creationism in schools? Trying to outlaw the teaching of evolution? Promoting abstinence rather than safe sex to your youth?

You tacitly saying "if they were to act upon their words then I would be very upset" but you don't acknowledge that they've been acting on them and continue acting on them.

The thing is.... they DO force things on you related to Oklahoma being the "state of Jesus"....

How many car dealerships are open on Sundays my friend? Special privilege for faith based charter institutions? Sure.... just as long as it's not a Muslim charter institution.... that wouldn't fly in Oklahoma. Teaching creationism in schools? Trying to outlaw the teaching of evolution? Promoting abstinence rather than safe sex to your youth?

You tacitly saying "if they were to act upon their words then I would be very upset" but you don't acknowledge that they've been acting on them and continue acting on them.
Car dealership thing has been around over 60 years and is dumb. We can sell liquor now but not cars. Makes no sense. Still hasn’t hindered me from buying cars though. Never have seen it as a big deal although I do acknowledge it’s dumb. Glad they changed liquor.

My kids are taught evolution in school as was I back in the day. Never has affected me.

I teach my kids abstinence not out of religious beliefs but due to the fact I believe they aren’t emotionally ready to handle a sexual relationship at 15-16. I also advise them as to safe sex as the last thing I want is a kid who is a father/mother in high school. I believe these conversations are my duty as a parent and would prefer to have them with my kids rather than a third party taking that role. It’s important both issues are addressed with kids imo. Again….the last thing I am is religious.

There’s a private Islamic school down the road from me. I’ve never been in a charter school of any kind btw. All public for myself and my kids.

You feel oppressed because you can’t buy a car on Sunday but support being forced to take a vaccine you know doesn’t work in order to keep your job? Sometimes this board leaves me speechless

Last edited:
Car dealership thing has been around over 60 years and is dumb. We can sell liquor now but not cars. Makes no sense. Still hasn’t hindered me from buying cars though. Never have seen it as a big deal although I do acknowledge it’s dumb. Glad they changed liquor.

My kids are taught evolution in school as was I back in the day. Never has affected me.

I teach my kids abstinence not out of religious beliefs but due to the fact I believe they aren’t emotionally ready to handle a sexual relationship at 15-16. I also advise them as to safe sex as the last thing I want is a kid who is a father/mother in high school. I believe these conversations are my duty as a parent and would prefer to have them with my kids rather than a third party taking that role. It’s important both issues are addressed with kids imo. Again….the last thing I am is religious.

There’s a private Islamic school down the road from me. I’ve never been in a charter school of any kind btw. All public for myself and my kids.

You feel oppressed because you can’t buy a car on Sunday but support being forced to take a vaccine you know doesn’t work in order to keep your job? Sometimes this board leaves me speechless
It works to keep you out of the hospital.

It works to keep you out of the hospital.
Not really at the time the mandate was enacted. Very few working age people were being hospitalized at that point from Covid. If that’s the mandate rationale then requiring seniors to be vaccinated in order to receive their SS would have made much more sense.

If you’re going to violate the constitutional rights of your citizens at least base the unconstitutional action on sound logic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT