ADVERTISEMENT

1950 TU Homecoming Parade

What could this look like today? Something that would involve the community and not something that's only on campus? Could something that went up 6th St starting at the park on Peoria up through the Pearl District and ending on the "U" in front of McFarlin work?

Baylor still does a HC parade that they tout as the largest HC parade in the world. And it's a huge deal for students, alumni, and the community.

What could this look like today? Something that would involve the community and not something that's only on campus? Could something that went up 6th St starting at the park on Peoria up through the Pearl District and ending on the "U" in front of McFarlin work?

Baylor still does a HC parade that they tout as the largest HC parade in the world. And it's a huge deal for students, alumni, and the community.
I think starting that now would just illustrate that it is from a bygone era that has passed us.

If I had a time machine, I think the 1950s woulda been the best era to visit.
This was such a cool video to see. Kinda bummed Tulsa couldn't beat Detroit though!

If I had a time machine, I think the 1950s woulda been the best era to visit.
This was such a cool video to see. Kinda bummed Tulsa couldn't beat Detroit though!
I'd take the flapper era in a heartbeat if I could choose an era to go back to. Would have loved the 20's

I was at the Phillies game last night and they had a parade near the stadium before the game with HS bands. I was surprised by it.

I've always thought that the decade after WWII (1945-1955) was a fascinating era. Bebop and Cool jazz, film noir classics. The booze. The broads. Polio and Joe McCarthy kinda sucked though.

Thanks for sharing. My father was class of ‘51 so this would have been his senior year.

I wonder if he liked dressing up for the games.

I've always thought that the decade after WWII (1945-1955) was a fascinating era. Bebop and Cool jazz, film noir classics. The booze. The broads. Polio and Joe McCarthy kinda sucked though.
In the 20th Century that would probably be #2 for me. Noir stretches back to the 20's, and a lot of it was set in the 20's though. Both are great eras to grow up in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT