ADVERTISEMENT

17 point favorite

If they lose this game, then I will start to wonder if the team or a portion of the team is silently working against the coaching staff, like the 1986 Texas team that was so fed up with Fred Akers’ over conservative ego driven play calling that some players publicly stated years later that they actively sabotaged the coach by frequently not running the plays called, particularly oncevAkers was out of timeouts and could do nothing to stop them.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I predict this will be one of the ugliest aged games in college football this year

Reactions: TUMe
It's not very often you have a game in November where both teams are without a D1 win. At least there's that.

I’ll be honest, I don’t even know who we are playing this week. Apathy has hit me hard this season.

I’ll be honest, I don’t even know who we are playing this week. Apathy has hit me hard this season.

Ok looked it up, UCONN it is. We played a team earlier this season that also didn’t have a D1 win... they beat us 23-0.

How is UCONN so bad we are favored by 17?

Thanks...I guess...Hank. I have, like 1978, been drinking shots when things go bad. But I have been drinking vinegar shots and getting pickled. My remarks tend to be a bit sour.

instantrimshot.com/

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU_BLA
Whoever set this line may be the smartest odds maker on the planet. It's so damn confusing any way you look at it that it defies logic and creates enough confusion that I can't see how anyone would lay a nickel on this one.

Whoever set this line may be the smartest odds maker on the planet. It's so damn confusing any way you look at it that it defies logic and creates enough confusion that I can't see how anyone would lay a nickel on this one.
Do we want to lose every game from now on to make it almost impossible to NOT fire Monty?

Reactions: maverickfp
Do we want to lose every game from now on to make it almost impossible to NOT fire Monty?

Losing this one will probably do it.

S.o.b. our program is hurting. Smh from fighting for conference championships and beating ND and top 25 teams to 1 and 2 win seasons.

Ok looked it up, UCONN it is. We played a team earlier this season that also didn’t have a D1 win... they beat us 23-0.

How is UCONN so bad we are favored by 17?
UCONN is sooooo bad...

How bad are they?

UCONN is soooo bad...they lost to UMASS in Storrs last week.

UCONN's only win is against an FCS school. They have up 49 points in that game. Before last week's 22-17 loss, their next closest game was a 38-30 loss to USF in Tampa (USF had been playing with fire most of the season and last week Houston finally scorched them with it). The 38 points allowed to USF was also the fewest number of points they had given up until their game with UMASS. UCONN is giving up an AVERAGE of 47.75 ppg. Defensively, they are averaging giving up 316 rushing ypg. On offense,they are averaging 177 passing ypg. They are better at running the football.

Seemingly, their weaknesses are our strengths.Their defense is not good this year. It's terrible against the run. My fear is Monty knows this and only tries to run the football against them. If that is the case we should see President get 2-3 series to keep the DEs at home and hopefully open the middle up some.

At the very least, it will be a game between 2 bad teams. But they will want to run as much as possible so the clock should keep running. Hoping for a 3 hour game.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Losing this one will probably do it.

S.o.b. our program is hurting. Smh from fighting for conference championships and beating ND and top 25 teams to 1 and 2 win seasons.
It is sad, and I'm not wanting us to lose just to lose, I want us to lose so we are forced to fix the problem.

probably yes. TU normally scores 23 or 1 point fewer than what is needed for a W.

We’ll be up by 23 late in the third. Turnovers and 3 and outs will allow UConn 8 4th quarter possessions to win it.

Is it sad that I knew there was a disappointing twist comming in the post, or that the twist would be a likely outcome?

Is it sadder that I could visualize 8 UConn possessions in the fourth quarter as our offense goes turtle conservative and turns the ball over?

If we lose, trying a game winning, missed field goal, that is returned for a TD, and the UConn game winning score . . . I just can't, smh it's so easy to imagine.

There comes a time when the frustration level of watching TU attempt to play football that the only comment that one can say is just being silent and not saying anything!

In the past, I’d say we’d kick field goals to win. Can’t say that this year. You’d have to kick 6 if you held UCONN scoreless to beat the spread.

I’m sure that could happen - in a parallel universe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT