ADVERTISEMENT

11am Houston Kickoff

No. 24 Tulsa (5-1)

"Is it sustainable to rely on repeatedly winning tight, dramatic games? Probably not. But Tulsa has won five games in a row, four by one score, and will live in the rankings another week thanks to a dramatic Thursday night comeback victory over Tulane. It was driven by third-string quarterback Davis Brin, and we'll see what the Golden Hurricane's QB two-deep looks like a week from now, but for now, let's continue to bask in the glory of a 5-1 Tulsa and the promise of unending late-game drama." -- Bill Connelly

We need to walk in there with Brin, and trash Houston, I mean something like 42-17.

One more week of Glory, my a$$.

No. 24 Tulsa (5-1)

"Is it sustainable to rely on repeatedly winning tight, dramatic games? Probably not. But Tulsa has won five games in a row, four by one score, and will live in the rankings another week thanks to a dramatic Thursday night comeback victory over Tulane. It was driven by third-string quarterback Davis Brin, and we'll see what the Golden Hurricane's QB two-deep looks like a week from now, but for now, let's continue to bask in the glory of a 5-1 Tulsa and the promise of unending late-game drama." -- Bill Connelly

We need to walk in there with Brin, and trash Houston, I mean something like 42-17.

One more week of Glory, my a$$.

I would be happy to be wrong about Smith being our best QB if it means Brin throwing for 6 TDs in a blowout of Houston

I would be happy to be wrong about Smith being our best QB if it means Brin throwing for 6 TDs in a blowout of Houston
I wasn't commenting on who was the better QB. I was just making the assumption that Montgomery would use Brin, and only Brin this week, if he could get away with it. Doing so to let Smith heal up.

I like it that way I can watch us beat Houston in the morning and TCU in the evening. Gonna be a great day for TU
Did you see my question of Tulsa losing last 4 games and winning bowl game with 6-4 record and whether or not to extended Monty

I like it that way I can watch us beat Houston in the morning and TCU in the evening. Gonna be a great day for TU
That reminds me of an old 70's old country song "touch me in the morning blah blah blah (something, something) in the afternoon/evening?

Woulda been great if coulda remembered the song to post. Just couldn't hear it in my head enough to google it

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
That reminds me of an old 70's old country song "touch me in the morning blah blah blah (something, something) in the afternoon/evening?

Woulda been great if coulda remembered the song to post. Just couldn't hear it in my head enough to google it

Did you see my question of Tulsa losing last 4 games and winning bowl game with 6-4 record and whether or not to extended Monty
No I didn’t. We only have 3 games left, 4 if you include the bowl game. If we lose these three games and get a bowl win Monty will need to go. If we win the next three and go to the peach bowl they will offer him an extension but someone will probably offer him a job. The question is as I see it do we drop him and offer the job to Gillespie to keep him around?

Reactions: libertychamp
No I didn’t. We only have 3 games left, 4 if you include the bowl game. If we lose these three games and get a bowl win Monty will need to go. If we win the next three and go to the peach bowl they will offer him an extension but someone will probably offer him a job. The question is as I see it do we drop him and offer the job to Gillespie to keep him around?
I meant lose next 3 and not eligible for championship and a lesser bowl win making us 6-4

What are the odds that 11 am on ESPNU is ESPN's way of telling us that they don't think this one is going to happen.

UH has been good for the COVID cancellation headlines this year. I won't be the least surprised if our next game is Cinncy here.

People can test positive for weeks after they’ve recovered so if they had a big chunk of their team catch it it’s conceivable that Houston doesn’t play another game this year. They’re testing today so let’s hope they’re on the practice field tomorrow

Dana’s quotes today make it seem that the chances of this game being played this weekend are getting less and less likely

Reactions: TU_BLA
Dana’s quotes today make it seem that the chances of this game being played this weekend are getting less and less likely

Then the next step in my conspiracy gets a little more complicated. Once Cincinnati is assured of playing more conference games then us, they’ll get the sniffles again and Covid out on us.

When the season ends, they’ll be 7-0 and we’ll be 6-0 and they’ll get the championship game at home.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Yeah, telling the beat writer that the team hasn’t practiced “in a while” is either some psychological game playing together Monty to think the games gonna be bailed on, or Houston isn’t ready to resume playing football and the game is gonna get ditched. Or Houston just doesn’t want to play us. I would say, force them to play with half the team out and we can run up the score 100-6

Then the next step in my conspiracy gets a little more complicated. Once Cincinnati is assured of playing more conference games then us, they’ll get the sniffles again and Covid out on us.

When the season ends, they’ll be 7-0 and we’ll be 6-0 and they’ll get the championship game at home.
Plausible

Was really looking forward to C. Kitty being our 6th win. On the other hand, some 2nd string, asymptomatic LB slobbering all over our offence could really screw up our (win) at Navy & possibly the Cincy game(s). Holgerson ducking us might be a blessing.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Postponed according to Twitter. Any chance our admin was proactive enough to start lining up another game since we knew pretty early this might happen or even would want to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT