ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Presley a sophomore on the bench

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
He rarely saw the field. This brings up another question why are very few of Bixby football players offered D1 scholarships when no one in the state including 6A1 can compete with Bixby including Union Jenks Owasso.

Coaching, culture, commitment at Bixby are next level. His older brother is a very good player fwiw

Coaching, culture, commitment at Bixby are next level. His older brother is a very good player fwiw
The only D1 I know of from Bixby is Luke Hasz Arkansas Both Presley’s at Osu then a transfer to Tu in the last 10 years while Bixby only lost 1 state championship during that 19 years.

The only D1 I know of from Bixby is Luke Hasz Arkansas Both Presley’s at Osu then a transfer to Tu in the last 10 years while Bixby only lost 1 state championship during that 19 years.

Ethan Hall and Bryce Bray at Tulsa.
Probably others out there playing D1.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Golsbey has legitimate D1 talent. Not sure why isn’t more highly recruited. Maybe grades ?

I know you people believe that Bixby would could just go take on Alabama and win, but it just doesn't work like that. It's hilarious. He just isn't to standard or he doesn't want to do the work. Sorry dudes. That is the reality.

So much goes into winning games and talent is a part but not everything. Loren has developed a program in Bixby that can’t lose. Occasionally a college team will pass on talent but if they are truly D1 talent they usually get a G5 offer at least. College is also a very different game.

There’s a lot of frustrating threads over here on the free boards.

This is one of them.

Our program depends upon schools like Bixby. That doesn’t mean that we can be a local all star team and be competitive in FBS. But it does mean we would have to expend significant sums to find similar talent and attract them to TU.

Y’all have some short memories.

Dewitt Jennings, Chandler Miller, Josh Owens, there’s plenty of Bixby products on our roster over the last ten years. And a few like Austin Grotts that signed but didn’t qualify.

And there’s others we’ve missed out on that have gone to Army and other G5s.

And probably 15 others to the P5 mainly OSU, Arkansas and Kansas.

Ethan Hall and Bryce Bray at Tulsa.
Probably others out there playing D1.
That’s still only a few for a record setting team like Bixby in wins over the last 10 years why is Even Tulsa not bringing in winning Bixby recruits Tulsa Osu Ou Ark should be loaded with Bixby players not many at Ou or osu in the last 10 years

There’s a lot of frustrating threads over here on the free boards.

This is one of them.

Our program depends upon schools like Bixby. That doesn’t mean that we can be a local all star team and be competitive in FBS. But it does mean we would have to expend significant sums to find similar talent and attract them to TU.

Y’all have some short memories.

Dewitt Jennings, Chandler Miller, Josh Owens, there’s plenty of Bixby products on our roster over the last ten years. And a few like Austin Grotts that signed but didn’t qualify.

And there’s others we’ve missed out on that have gone to Army and other G5s.

And probably 15 others to the P5 mainly OSU, Arkansas and Kansas.
Dewitt Jennings was friends with my oldest. Great kid from a really good family. Hard to believe he graduated high school 15 years ago.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Dewitt Jennings was friends with my oldest. Great kid from a really good family. Hard to believe he graduated high school 15 years ago.
Montgomery has been at Bixby since 2010 so I’m referring to the last 13 years because before Montgomery Bixby had some losing teams

Montgomery has been at Bixby since 2010 so I’m referring to the last 13 years because before Montgomery Bixby had some losing tea
Bixby does send a lot of kids to non-D1 programs. They have quality football players all over the field and are extremely well coached. Just not a lot of D1 kids.

Bixby does send a lot of kids to non-D1 programs. They have quality football players all over the field and are extremely well coached. Just not a lot of D1 kids.
That’s my point I feel they are underrated as d1 player prospects

That’s my point I feel they are underrated as d1 player prospects
They can't be underrated for 13 years. Area schools (OSU, TU, Arkansas, OU, Missouri) would be getting great production out their recruits, and then they would be recruiting them more heavily, and eventually other schools would be recruiting them. That hasn't happened over 13 years. Coaches will find good players.

They can't be underrated for 13 years. Area schools (OSU, TU, Arkansas, OU, Missouri) would be getting great production out their recruits, and then they would be recruiting them more heavily, and eventually other schools would be recruiting them. That hasn't happened over 13 years. Coaches will find good players.
You may be correct so I guess everyone sees they have had very little d1 talent on all of these great teams. Do you think Presley will enter the transfer portal now or do you only get one portal usage? I know we disagree alot but I do respect your opinion.

You may be correct so I guess everyone sees they have had very little d1 talent on all of these great teams. Do you think Presley will enter the transfer portal now or do you only get one portal usage? I know we disagree alot but I do respect your opinion.
I think it could go either way with what Wilson does, as to encouraging Presley to stay, or not. But that probably won't be an issue because of the one time transfer rule. Presley won't want to sit out a year. If I pretended the one time transfer rule didn't exist, I would not be upset one way or the other if Presley enters the portal or not. I respect Wilson's impression about whether he has the drive and the ability to improve. He has yet to show he can keep a reception in his hands. And unless he massively gains weight, he does not have the physique to hold up as a RB.

Once upon a time, our OC was the toast of college football for turning DBs and drop prone WRs and RBs into elite pass catchers.

Presley will either develop this summer or he won’t. I can’t imagine him being part of the team’s plan if the drops continue in spring and summer.

In the end Bixby is a complete team at the HS level, even though they may not be the most talented at each position. They still have solid players that play as a team all over the field. Key word being TEAM because after all football is a team sport. Montogmery and his staff seem to have a knack for putting their kids in the best position to compete through development and instilling team concepts into the Bixby program. Kids develop to the best of their abilities, they understand and execute their assignments, and are fundamentally sound across the board. Mistakes happen, but I don't think that you will find one kid on the field that isn't busting their arse every play.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't want to work. In Bixby's case it beats the Hell out of talent that takes a break.

He may need his eyes checked. It helps some WRs out tremendously
Maybe he should take some tips from Clifford Franklin:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Raiders need some of that Clifford Franklin hand stickum <a href="https://t.co/xCIXc2RQrY">pic.twitter.com/xCIXc2RQrY</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) <a href="">November 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dan Bitson talked about Jerome Janet, a former Union star who was highly recruited and signed with Kansas State and then transferred to TU. Never panned out. Bitson, who was coaching at TU under Keith Burns at the time, said Janet was a product of the Union system. Wasn't as good coming out of high school as people thought.

Same probably applies to some Bixby players. Although I think Presley can be a good player. His problems are he hasn't adjusted to the ball well in the air, and his size. Wilson mentions his size a lot, especially his weight. Maybe it is eyesight. Maybe he just needs more work and needs to get his confidence.

Dan Bitson talked about Jerome Janet, a former Union star who was highly recruited and signed with Kansas State and then transferred to TU. Never panned out. Bitson, who was coaching at TU under Keith Burns at the time, said Janet was a product of the Union system. Wasn't as good coming out of high school as people thought.

Same probably applies to some Bixby players. Although I think Presley can be a good player. His problems are he hasn't adjusted to the ball well in the air, and his size. Wilson mentions his size a lot, especially his weight. Maybe it is eyesight. Maybe he just needs more work and needs to get his confidence.
Yeah, adjustment to the ball in the air, especially on deep routes is an issue. The dropped ball in the end zone in one of the last games was telling b/c it looked as though he couldn't quite judge where the ball was coming down and when he tried to get back to it, he slipped.

Not just that. He and Hall are the targets on several chunk type plays that you spend entire seasons or several games setting up to trick the defense with what you are showing. And they both were unable to complete the plays when called. That not only negates that play opportunity, but impacts team morale and a host of other problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT