ADVERTISEMENT

Temira Poindexter

She’s gotta be in the running for POY, right?
Absolutely. What I fear though is Temira and Delanie Crawford splitting the vote on POY and the rest of the media who votes voting for the girl from UNT, who is having a great year as well. And let's be honest, Poindexter doesn't have the year she is having without Crawford having the year she is having, and vice versa.

Crawford hit a 3 as the shot clock was expiring the other day and I was like "Dear God, please ease SMU's suffering".

I don't remember what the preseason votes showed in terms of POY, my guess it was probably a USF player. I think Poindexter was on the AAC Preseason 1st team and maybe Crawford was mentioned at some point. Both of them could win POY and the media wouldn't be wrong. Both of them could be DPOY and the media wouldn't be wrong (Crawford is an absolute bull dog of a defender).

I will be interesting and I wonder if DonTom is flooding the media with facts and stats this season on the two to try to get one of them that accolade. Unfortunately, TU has never seemed to really be that university in terms of promoting individual player campaigns for post season accolades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT