ADVERTISEMENT

OTA’s and Chris Paul story

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
So as a season ticket holder I get the chance to attend OTA’s for the Commanders in Ashburn. My usual member rep left for a bigger job and so I got a new one who was just promoted and his name is Ben. We got to chatting at OTA’s for a while and I brought up Chris Paul. He said I have a real good story about Chris Paul.

He was working as a ticket sales person and got a list of people to call. Chris Paul was on the list. He called him up before the Dallas game and this is his tell of it

Ben - “This is Ben from the Commanders”

Chris - “Hey Ben”

Ben - “I see you are looking at getting tickets, Have you been to a game?”

Chris - “yeah”

Ben - “really! Which ones?”

Chris - “All of them”

Ben - “really! That’s good”

Chris - “Yeah, I am on the team”

Ben - “oh my bad I see it says player ticket request lol”

Chris - “bro I thought you were calling me to tell me I was cut from the team.”

I laughed hysterically

Last edited:
Poplin posted an interview with Ron Rivera from one of the OTA press conferences and he brings up the young guys the Commanders will be using on OL and he mentioned Chris along with 2 others. Rivera is a really good coach and if teams have patience with him he's going to build a winner, just look at Carolina. Of course you have to avoid injuries and make good choices in the draft when it comes to early round picks and difference makers. Too many teams chase QBs. He's trying to win with good QBs but he's drafting guys like Chase Young and the good DBs Washington has along with finding the good skill guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT