ADVERTISEMENT

Kim English

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Although he’s not a strong candidate for the Maryland job, here’s a nice write up on him. I’m hoping he’s available when we have an opening.

Kim English – George Mason Head Coach​

It might be a bit too soon for Kim English to be a power six head coach. His potential hiring at Maryland also seems to be more of a fanbase want than a school want. But since being hired at George Mason 10 months ago he has already made some big moves. He has quickly won over the fans and students and made connections with them and has been doing a very good job on the recruiting trail so far. He even secured a commitment from 4-star SF

Although Danny Manning is the interim HC, he hasn’t done well since leaving Tulsa and also probably won’t get the job either. Here’s the whole article.

We could have gotten Steve Forbes for the asking three years ago. Gragg could not fire someone he hired....it would reflect badly upon him.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Maybe Turgeon would like to come back to the Midwest on the cheap and replace the grifter we’re saddled with.

No more retreads.
For the most part I agree, but that retread has been a damn good one wherever he's been and still has lots of miles left. Pipe dreams anyhow, he'd be way outside of our right sized salary.

For the most part I agree, but that retread has been a damn good one wherever he's been and still has lots of miles left. Pipe dreams anyhow, he'd be way outside of our right sized salary.
I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the days when our coaches were so good that we had to live in fear of people taking them.....and then we couldn't even get anyone to sniff Wojcik and Frank is a walking cancer.

Reactions: TU 1978
I'd take Turgeon. He's a great coach. Hell, he even won at A&M. Anyone who thinks he "failed" at Maryland doesn't understand how much Maryland lost chasing the B1G money away from the ACC

Reactions: dmarsh1985
No on Turgeon...He refused to take Pooh with him when he got the new job.
I don't think Turgeon would be part of the conversation, but I don't think him not taking Pooh should exclude him if he was in the conversation. Heck, Pooh may not have wanted to move his family to the east coast.

My stance is that if you are selected as a leader of a team you should be able to fill out your team with individuals that best fit your vision and ability to implement that vision. Pooh was a fantastic player and ambassador for the university, and obviously has coaching ability. However, he may not have been the best fit for that situation, and in such instance it would have been unfair to put Pooh in a position where he would not thrive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT