ADVERTISEMENT

Fritz to UH

Makes 0 sense. The dude had to have the pick of many bottom to even mid level p5 and chose… Houston? The new doormat of the Big12.

Great hire for Houston. No chance Fritz makes this move if Houston was still in the AAC. That said…Houston in the Big12 is a tough job.

Gotta be the $$$ driving this. He is in his 60s no? A huge payday for retirement sounds attractive to me too.
It is all about the money. Fritz is 63 and Tulane was his first & only FBS head coaching position. Houston made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. Hopefully he made it a fully guaranteed contract. I like Fritz, but I still can’t root for Houston against anyone other than Cincinnati.

Yeah, I don't know how long the deal is worth but Fertitty will be firing him in 3 years when they go 4-8 every year playing in the Big XII. Even worse is Cincy's coach who may only get 1 more year. Fickell knew what the hell was up which is why he left for Wisconsin

Fritz goes to Houston, where in a few years he will be fired!

Faux Pelini wrote this yesterday and this seems like the best place to share it. Maybe the "Jimbo Two-Step" is Fritz's plan at Houston? Sure not as big of a payout as Jimbo got at A&M, but with the contracts these days it is still probably really good retirement dollars.

Not a good move. The Rocket's owner must have paid him a pretty penny.

Being the last or second-to-last team in the CFP would be more fun. Tulane is easier to recruit than that freaking Houston.

Not a good move. The Rocket's owner must have paid him a pretty penny.

Being the last or second-to-last team in the CFP would be more fun. Tulane is easier to recruit than that freaking Houston.
The Rockets are also a trainwreck since Furtitties bought them. Couldn’t be a better outcome for Kitty.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Enjoying watching the former American teams flounder. Looking forward to watching the cheating Ponies fail in the ACC. Of course FSU and Clemson are leaving on 2 years.

Enjoying watching the former American teams flounder. Looking forward to watching the cheating Ponies fail in the ACC. Of course FSU and Clemson are leaving on 2 years.
They may be leaving sooner.

We all think they are leaving and they certainly want to. Just 2 problems...1) Who is going to take them b/c it sounds like the SEC doesn't want/need either right now, and 2) Can they even get out of the ACC before the end of the GOR term which is in like 10 years...and the penalty is really really painful. The ACC's GOR is one of the harshest if you try to leave.

I like Fritz, but he isn't Mr. Personality. His press conferences after games are a little awkward. I was at some of them covering games when Tulane played TU. He's a good coach. But I don't see him as a fit at UH. At all. Their expectations are inflated, to say the least.

Last edited:
I like Fritz, be he isn't Mr. Personality. His press conferences after games are a little awkward. I was at some of them covering games when Tulane played TU. He's a good coach. But I don't see him as a fit at UH. At all. Their expectations are inflated, to say the least.
I think the fit is going to be disastrous for both sides. Question is, how many players does Fritz convince to enter the portal from Tulane? And does Tulane stay in house for their next coach or do they try to strike gold by going after a high level FCS coach, say from North Dakota St or South Dakota St? Or maybe after the Toledo or Miami (OH) coaches who had great seasons. Do they go after GJ at Texas St recognizing he's an up and coming star in the making? Or do they go coordinator route and take a look at Milkman? Or is it time for TG to make it back into coaching with his ultimate dream job?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Fritz seems like a very good coach, who kind of caught a break landing a tremendous QB in Pratt, and was able to put some pieces in around him. Tells you the value of a really good QB.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Fritz and most of his staff are going to UH before the bowl game and aren’t coaching Tulane in the bowl. That’s pretty crappy.
Mixed feelings. Even if they stay at Tulane for the bowl we all know they’re working for Houston. If you’re Tulane do you want Fritz and the staff to continue to have contact with your players ?

Mixed feelings. Even if they stay at Tulane for the bowl we all know they’re working for Houston. If you’re Tulane do you want Fritz and the staff to continue to have contact with your players ?
And there was a slight difference between Tulane this year and Ohio State last year. Tulane is playing in a "meaningless" bowl game for nothing more than pride. Any of the Tulane kids with pro-aspirations or possible to get an invite to the combine are likely skipping out early. Ohio State was in the CFP last year...game still had meaning and a season long goal was still in reach for them. The 2 situations are not equal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT